Interesting News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting News

Just got this info from one of the "music store" type mags we subscribe to, called MMR. Give me a call if you need a new, digital, wireless system. Soon whatever you've been using won't work any longer!

---------------------------------------

FCC Votes Against MI Wireless Products

On Tuesday, the Federal Communications Commission voted to allow technology companies like Google, Microsoft, Dell, and Motorola to produce "white spaces" devices that will use the same radio frequency (RF) spectrum now being used by wireless microphone and guitar systems.

The commission adopted certain elements of Shure's recent wireless microphone interference protection plan. However, there are still concerns that, despite technical evidence to the contrary, the commission's action opens the door to a new breed of wireless gadgetry that relies on unproven technology as a safeguard against interference to wireless microphones.

"While not unexpected, today's FCC decision will greatly complicate the lives of wireless microphone users across the United States and negatively affect tens of millions of Americans listening to live and broadcast events," said Mark Brunner, Shure's senior director, global public and industry relations.

Circuit City Down, Linen 'n Things Out

News came this week of Circuit City closing 155 stores and considering options to restructure its business. Also, home furnishing chain Linen 'n Things is liquidating assets as it closes all its stores.

Both stores would stock lower-priced musical instruments, especially during the Christmas holidays, much to the chagrin of many independent MI retailers.

"Due in part to its deteriorating liquidity position and the continued weak macroeconomic environment, the company has decided to take certain restructuring actions immediately, including closing 155 domestic segment stores, reducing future store openings and aggressively renegotiating certain leases," Circuit City said. Circuit City's biggest competition is Best Buy, which is leading in all categories.

Linens 'n Things filed for bankruptcy protection in May and hasn't been able to find a buyer for the company, forcing it to liquidate.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

CC isn't closing any places here in PA, but L&T is going out. It would have been horrible for this one shopping center to have BOTH go out... As for the FCC ruling, won't this render all current wireless stuff outdated? There are going to be a lot of Spinal Tap antics going on now...

Comment

Yes, most of the current wireless units out there will most likely experience problems once some of the new cell phones and other devices mentioned above hit the market.
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Come on, come on, keep up! Vass posted some interesting links on this subject......

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83352
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Like it's any news that the FCC are idiots, but this is not the latest spectrum lic. conflict they have made. They have been going through a 3 year + process to clean up the 800mhz freq range that was oringally set aside for public safety, but in their infinite wisdom the FCC allowed Nextel to use a piece of it. Now they are migrating public safety to one end and Nextel/Sprint users to the other. The bad part is the tax payer cost of the radios systems that are having to be replaced/upgraded because they couldnt handle the changes. They started in 2004 and they still are not done yet.

Comment

Can't Bluetooth technology be used for wireless stuff like guitars and microphones? Seems like this would be the way to go...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
              Can't Bluetooth technology be used for wireless stuff like guitars and microphones? Seems like this would be the way to go...
              BlueTooth only has a range of 2 to 3 meters.
              -Rick

Comment

Monster Cable must be licking their chops as we speak.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  BlueTooth only has a range of 2 to 3 meters.
                  My PS3 controllers can go 4 X that far for sure...My kid took hers into the bathroom...while playing Oblivion...(she was building up magic or something)...thats about 40 feet away.

Comment

I should have qualified the statement. Most BlueTooth headsets are noisy and break up once you hit 10 -15 feet.
                    I wonder what the quality of an audio signal would be at that range?
                    -Rick

Comment

The same kinda thing happened to Nigel Tuffnel in 1982.

It completley ruined a gig at an airforce base...it is well documented.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just looked it up and there are 3 classes of Bluetooth...Class 1, 2 and 3. Class 1 has a range of 100 meters...

Comment

Working...
                        X