Ever won anything in a magazine? C64 nostalgia related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever won anything in a magazine? C64 nostalgia related

Some people never win anything, but I've been lucky enough to win a few things over the years - from a Sega Megadrive/Genesis game (despite not even owning a console) to a pile of weird books from the fantastic Fortean Times. I've also had letters in magazines, like the Judge Dredd Megazine or Guitarist just two months ago as someone on here noted and PM'd me about (small world).
    My favourite will always be the crappy console I won in Commodore Format magazine - a Commodore 64 mag. I already had a C64, and the platform was already about dead by this point, but I managed to win a completely worthless C64 GS games console(essentially a C64 with no tape deck or keyboard). They even sent me two after a lot of hassle - both of which I sold to buy sweets or juice probably since I was 13 at the time. I can still remember vividly sitting in my bed, reading the magazine, noticing I won and almost having a seizure with excitement.
    These days, it's great to be able to look back, nostalgically, and find your name in print, all these many years later!

I changed my name a few years ago, but here I'm Steven O'Mullan from Glasgow, with the sideburns and a missing word.

T'internet rules.

Anyone else won anything shit many years ago, only to find it immortalised on the 'net, making the shit prize secondary to sheer nostalgic glee?

C64's were great.
    Last edited by MartinBarre; 11-02-2008, 02:39 PM.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
    C64's were great.
    +1

I still get a lot of use with the emulators.

Comment

Commodore bollocks, give me a spectrum any day of the week!

Christ it's like being back in school!

If you're a C64 fan, I used to know Jeff Minter.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I was an amstrad user but that mag brings back some memories.

For the record, I've only won a single competition in my life. I was 4 years old and the prize was a teddy.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I won a gold box D&D game for the C64... Champions of Krynn way back in 88-89 0r so... suck of it was, I bought the game and then a week later, I was notified that I won. Luckily I was able to return the prize game to Software Etc, or whatever the equivalent was at the time.

Ah the C64 - the Model 4 of the Computer Age.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

All I can think of when I hear C64 is the old "war games" dialer to hack sprint (etc) long distance codes to make free calls (phreaking) not that I have any first hand knowledge (coughcough)

that and the shitty generic floppy drives that would take an hour to load program.

god now I feel like hooking up my TRS-80 model ]I[ and dialing up some BBS's at 300 baud. weeee
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
            X