Recent trip to LA studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent trip to LA studio

I was out in LA a couple weeks ago mixing a record I've been working on for about a year. We mixed at a studio called Skip's Place, owned by Skip Saylor. At one time Skip owned 5 studios in LA and some huge selling records were done in his rooms. Took some pretty cool pics while I was there that I thought you guys would enjoy.

^^ Accomodations behind the studio are 3 trailers, I stayed in one of them for 4 nights.

^^ Outdoor lounge. We logged 65 hours of studio time in 4 days, so didn't get to spend any time in here.

^^ Main live room. We were just mixing, so didn't use this.

^^ Modified SSL G Series with 100 channels. The board was so big I couldn't get a shot of the whole thing but you get the idea!

^^ Control room. Producer/enginner Paul David Hager on the left (Goo Goo Dolls, Pink, Butch Walker, Letters to Cleo, Miley Cyrus) and an intern named Daniel on the right. The ProTools board on top of the cabinet Daniel is sitting next to belongs to Toby Wright, who has produced Metallica, Korn, Alice in Chains and a bunch of other big bands.

^^ Studio entrance lined with gold and platinum albums recorded at Skip's studios.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Cool pics Matt - so when do we get to hear the results?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

So... how's Zak?
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Hope you're re-recording 'Breakdown' Matt!

Cool pics.
        If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

If all goes according to plan we'll be mastering this in a couple weeks and then it'll be done. Zak sounds really good and yes... we re-did Breakdown as well as 11 other songs!
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Cool stuff Matt...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Very cool......can't wait to hear the finished product.

Comment

When you see the first picture you think, "gee, this guy must have fallen on hard time. He's living with fett in a trailer park"

Comment

Working...
                X