Friday night food for thought.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday night food for thought.....

Okay, most of you guys know me....its not really food for thought....its booze for thought. I got of at 5:30PM EST this evening.....and when I was done jerking off...I left work too....yuk yuk. Seriously though, I have been hittin the Beam and Cokes pretty hard since I walked in the door at 5:45. About 1/2the way through a $45.00 dollar bottle of Jim Beam Black Label.

I love guitar. I really love it!! It gives me wood...literally and figuratively ( sp? ). I just suuuuuck so bad. I been playing for 20 some years. I have lost the drive I once I had. When I see some of the stuff other people do on guitars, I get to thinking " Why?". Yeah, I play for me. Its my stress relief. It always has been and hopefully always will be there for me. After 20 years, I should be a fargin God. I haven't been in a band for so long. I lost my chops. I lost that intuitiveness. The ability to just jam is gone.

I miss playing out live. It gave me the drive I needed to be a better player. The adrenaline. The fun. The after gig parties. The amazing things you can get girls to do just because you are a band. I miss it. I am sure there are many here that feel the same way.

I went from a couple dozen guitars, lots of rack gear and and amps, to just 2 electrics, 2 acoustics and a 2x10 combo. Being a responsible adult sucks!! Back when I was a teen, I would dedicate 4-8 hours of playing per day, with breaks tossed in to smoke a bowl, bone some high school skank and down some Mad Dog 20/20. Damn, those were the days!!

Forward to 2008, I have 2 wonderful children, and possible a 3rd due any day now...... depending on my cheating dirty ass wife. Still praying its not mine. Will make this life decision pretty easy.

As I hit my early 20's, I had more money than I have ever had to date..... and didn't even have a job. I played pool. I ran with this guy an road trips that would last for months at a time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Deuel . He had a tough life as a kid. Everyone kept telling me I was going to go pro someday. Pool is how I endded up with the moniker "LouSiffer ". Thats a short story in itself. Kids came, and I had to re-align my life.

Not bitching, just drunk and feel like typing.

So, fast forward to 2008. The year that is going to make US history. We are either going to have our first black US President, or our first female Vice President. It doesn't make a difference which side you are on, its history in the making. And we are all apart of it.

I love it. For me, race has never been an issue. I have yet been able to tell if a person is good or not by the color of their skin or their gender. We all have different backgrounds, beliefs, ideals, etc. That doesn't make anyone right or anyone wrong, just different. That is what makes this country so God damned great!!

So, if you have actually read this far, you either find me amusing for some strange reason or you are more board than I am.

This board is the same way, I have some faves and not so faves. Some of my fave are : Twisteramps ( dude can wail and he knows the technical side like no one else ) , Horns666 ( he is as sick and twizted as I am...one of the few guys that have been shot at more than I have with a touch of morals and a fist full of downers....need to get off my lazy ass and get up there soon!!!), DocDryer ( I really miss this guy and hope all is well with him ), Sandman ( has always been fun to chat with on MSN.....God only knows how many times he booted me out of the old JCF chat ), Cleveland Metal ( He's from Cleveland...nuff said!), Freehill ( love this mofo...my brother from another mother....wish he didnt live so damned far away!! ), Boxcar Willie ( good polite kid that always gave respect....which in turn, deserves respect....props to Willie!!) and I know there are many more out there...and please forgive me for noth mentioning you.

Andrew Dice Clay....loved this guy in the 80's...was cutting edge. He should respect himself for who he was and what he did.

Well, its time for a refill, so I am done here for now. Think I may unload some of my wife/family stories onto you guys soon. Its funny as hell. Its all true. You can't make this shit up. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Awww, thanks for the Honorable Mention Lou

Much love your way as well, I always check your posts...

I think I need to do some shots myself. Bored at home on a beautiful Halloween Friday. Should have the Mustang out being stupid, prolly will have to put it away very soon, but I'm just not motivated...

Time to drink... haha...

Comment

Cheers man, a good read! I'm with you - I should be a whole lot better at playing as well!

I wish all of you in the US good luck on the upcoming election, and that the majority is happy with the outcome!

I'm enjoying a cold beer at the moment, cheers to all that's drinking tonight!

PS: What's mad dod 20/20?
      My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        Awww, thanks for the Honorable Mention Lou

Much love your way as well, I always check your posts...

I think I need to do some shots myself. Bored at home on a beautiful Halloween Friday. Should have the Mustang out being stupid, prolly will have to put it away very soon, but I'm just not motivated...

Time to drink... haha...
        I check yours too. There arent too many of us Buckeye people here...although I am a Penn State fan. I am in turmoil for this spring. I am debating on buying a newer new car ( Dodge Charger SRT-8 or Suby WRX STi) or picking up an older car ( 68-69 Chevelle, 68-70 Charger or a 70-71 Mach 1). I would really like to find a 57 Chevy with all the newer amenities ( Disc brakes, A/C and a fuel injected motor ), but, will just have to see. The new Mustangs still give me chub though.

I like the new Challengers, but, for that price, would rather buy a 'vette.

Mad Dog 20/20 is cheap rock gut wine. It was all I could afford at the time when I was a teen as the guy who bought it for me would charge me extra. It was either that or King Cobra malt. Then I got to humping the daughter of the guy that owned a liquor store in my home town. All was much better then. :P-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

"Clicky"

Comment

Yeah, my posts haven't been too enlightening as of lately. Been pretty financially fucked and coming out of a pretty serious depression after some life issues and haven't been in particularly good spirits. I was gone a long time from here really... Lost interest really. Not just this place, but in most everything else.

Trying to work my way out of this, and have been a bit more talkative as of late in a way. Really, just trying to figure what really makes me happy. Like you, I find that humping someones daughter is pretty high on the list it seems.. Lol...

Comment

that was a good read, Shane. As usual, your life (past and present) is always much more interesting than my own.

I hear you on the 20 years of playing. I've been playing that long and still blow chunks. I never did the 8 hours of practice a day when I was a kid though, so I bet you'd still slay me.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

John, I didn't realise you'd been suffering depression. I spent about 4 years there before I got my head on straight again. If you want someone to talk to some time, don't be shy.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

i'm depressed just thinking about someone ruining good bourbon by mixing it with soda!
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks G, I appreciate the thought.

Hopefully I'll work it out one of these years I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X