Typical Guitar Center Moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Guitar Center Moron

I called GC this morning and asked what I thought was a simple question and here's how it went.......

Me: Hi. Do you have any On Stage brand A frame guitar stands in stock?
    GC: (in Bevis & Butthead style) uuhhhh.......ummmmmm.....wellll....uuhh...we have...uhhhhh.
    Me: I want one without the adlustable neck bar in the back. I just want the A frame.
    GC: Uhhhhh...Let me check. (Phone drops on the counter and onto the floor)
    2 minutes later
    GC: We have uhhhhh ummmm one by Ultimate.
    Me: Does it have the bar that holds the neck in the back?
    GC: Uuummmm....uuhh...yeah
    Me: Thanks click.

Now how do you think it would have gone if didn't ask about the neck holder on the other stand and I drove 25 mintes to get it?

It amazes me how they stay in business. I guess I'll just stick with on-line shopping. I can see a day in our time when stores with moron employees will be a thing of the past. Not that the morons will go away. The store owners will just get fed up and go 100% on-line. And we can't blame them one bit.
    Last edited by MikeStrat; 10-24-2008, 09:26 AM.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

You're right, they won't go away... they'll just migrate back to McDonald's, where they can screw up your order, piss you off, and make you pack a lunch each day.

Soon after, the end of the world as we know it will happen, and we can eat them.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
      Soon after, the end of the world as we know it will happen, and we can eat them.

At least it will be better than McDonalds food.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Mikey... bro.... I love you man. You know that.
        But what in God's green earth were you doing calling them in the first place?? whats the matter with you?!
        You know better than that.

Honestly and at the risk of turning this into another GC hate fest. The wages they pay are reflected on the people they hire.
        Plus, and this goes for MANY industries these days, a lot of people just don't have pride in their work and even more people have a job as a necessity NOT a passion.
        I am sure there are some GC employees out there that their job is a gift since they are in their environment and have a passion for it. But in the same token there is a majority that just punch in their hours and milk the day.

Same goes if I call the local auto parts store looking for a high performance Mercedes air filter or the local gun shop looking for 9 mm Russian hollwpoints.

Mikey, sit on your kompuuter and order in. No tax, get what you want and then some and trouble yourself with nincompoops out there. Plus, you'll have more time to practice.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I honestly can't stand to even walk into a GC any more.
          So much easier to shop online (NOT from GC) and have it delivered a couple days later.
          Saves on sales tax too.
          You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
          You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
          --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
          --horns666 - 12/29/08
          I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
          --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Maybe he just got off of tour and was tired because ALL guitar center employees are touring musicians...<insert=sarcasm>

If guitar centers web site had a product number you could have had the kid look it up but I dont see number.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage...ELAID=92162718
            Last edited by phill_up; 10-24-2008, 10:08 AM. Reason: found the number its #450332

Comment

I don't think I have been inside a CG in over a year. No need to go there.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Every so often I will frequent GC just to see if I can spot a used guitar in hopes they don't know what they have and could be bought cheap. They are catching on though. They have one damn guy there that knows his J/Cs

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  They have one damn guy there that knows his J/Cs
                  I hate it when that happens!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

You should have ummmm started to uhhhh give him ummmm some of his uhhhh you know uhhhh his own medicine. When I call looking for something and I get those types of response I start giving it right back. It is my futile attempt to try and let the person know that they sound like a dumb ass. Truth told though it seldom works.

Comment

I went to GC earlier today for an item that was -- of course -- out of stock. I gave the girl at the counter my ph. # and she said they'd call when the item comes in (yeah, right.). She types my name & ph. # into the computer and I ask to get on the mailing list, while she's at it. A minute or so goes by and she asks, "Is there anything else?". I reply: "Yeah, can I get on the mailing list?". Slightly embarrassed, she inputs the rest of my info into the computer.
                      Then asks for my phone #, again. But, I ended up buying a really cool amp stand so the trip wasn't a total loss. The employees are less then knowledgeable but it is handy having a GC five minutes away.
                      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

At GC, the other day, I had gone to buy lemon oil cause their website said that its in stock at the nearby store. of course that turned out to be false since the guy told that the online stocking system has no idea what the store has. Then why say in big bold letters that its in stock???

Anyway, while I was waiting, there were three more guys waiting behind me and there was this sales person happily playing the guitar. His manager walked up to him and told him "you should he helping customers first and test the guitar later". I guess they go, he has at least 3 piercings, at least 4 tattoos and his hair is unkempt. Let's hire him.
                        Last edited by emperor_black; 10-24-2008, 05:42 PM.
                        Sam

Comment

I can't lie ;

I go into GC at least once a month.The last trip , I ordered(out of stock) an emg spc.Should've ordered direct from EMG online !!!!I hate the guitar cables they have (it seems like the only brand under 50$ for 20'.).
                          I also buy my strings there , but I buy about 15 sets @ a time.

Yep ,

Most of the staff I've encountered are "a tad off ", hell the guitar guy @ the closest GC - thinks Devo is the shit !!!I'm not sure if he's even seen a real Jackson .Or Charvel.I've got a music store in walking distance from my house ,it's conviently right next to the liqour store.However thier prices are freaking crazy / 1 set of ernie's (11) are priced @ 6$..............wtf ?

I understand your guys frustration ,GC sucks ... but so does every other music store around me !!!~~~~~~~and let's not forget -Best Buy is expanding into the music store bussiness (another bunch of J/C hating motherfuckers !!!) I'm sure that will help out every real music store

Rant over.
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            At GC, the other day, I had gone to buy lemon oil cause their website said that its in stock at the nearby store. of course that turned out to be false since the guy told that the online stocking system has no idea what the store has. Then why say in big bold letters that its in stock???

Anyway, while I was waiting, there were three more guys waiting behind me and there was this sales person happily playing the guitar. His manager walked up to him and told him "you should he helping customers first and test the guitar later". I guess they go, he has at least 3 piercings, at least 4 tattoos and his hair is unkempt. Let's hire him.

WTF ??

you're still using lemon oil ?
                            I'd like to recommend you try bore doctor.
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

You do realize that the moron behind the counter probably started that morning and was given 3 minutes' training on how to ring up a sale?

And the online inventory vs store inventory has always confused me. How in the hell can we NOT have, in the 21st Century, a cheap reliable computer-based inventoy system where the online store updates automatically when the physical inventory is changed and vise versa?

You computer programmers out there do realize that when you hit the market with that system, and it sells and installs for less than $500 per customer (not per computer or per store or per employee, but per customer - Best Buy, WalMart, GC, Fred's, K-Mart, etc etc), you'll be an overnight millionaire, right?
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X