Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Democracy

Hello all,
    I know I'm new and yes i do own a Jackson i will hopefully post here soon.
    But theres something I thought I should share with you guys on this amazing forum that i read Religiously. And that is Chinese Democracy.

Me being a huge GN'R fan and all i was suprised there hasn't been much talk on here about it. I've been waiting for this album to come out every november since i was like 12 and it looks like its actually coming out and im very excited because it will be coming out on midnight of my birthday. (mines Nov. 22nd)

So I think you guys should take a look at these. If you have not ben following the past few weeks.

http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/spip.php?article193

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....p=1&id=1925065

Parts of this are already available:

http://www.mp3va.com/release/19077/Guns%20N'%20Roses/Chinese%20Democracy

Seven of the ten songs are to be on the "official" release, although I really hope they've changed them up a bit as what I've heard sucks - and this is coming from someone who likes most of the original GNR catalog. I really wanted to like it but - just listen to the previews and you'll see what I mean.
    You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
    You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
    --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
    --horns666 - 12/29/08
    I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
    --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

all those are leaks. and i like all the songs excpet shacklers revenge, its a little to wierd for me

Comment

People (besides Sebastian Bach) actually still give a shit about douchebag Axl? This album is 15 years too late, and it shouldn't even be a GNR album without the other original members of GnR. I guess Axl gets paid while Sebastian Bach still sucks his dick.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn Joe!
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by MEGADETH13 View Post
            Me being a huge GN'R fan and all i was suprised there hasn't been much talk on here about it.
            I'm sure I remember quite a bit of discussion about it on the JCF - about 8 years ago. And then even everyone who still cared about it back then stopped caring after a while.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Being that I think Axle's voice sound like a couple cats fighting inside a metal garbage can, I have been happy I haven't had to hear anything from him for 15 years. Add on top of that the fact that he is a whining little bitch that has cause numerous riots and millions of dollars in damage due to his little onstage temper tantrums, I could give a rats ass about him. I like Velvet Revolver though.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                Being that I think Axle's voice sound like a couple cats fighting inside a metal garbage can, I have been happy I haven't had to hear anything from him for 15 years. Add on top of that the fact that he is a whining little bitch that has cause numerous riots and millions of dollars in damage due to his little onstage temper tantrums, I could give a rats ass about him. I like Velvet Revolver though.

Matt
                Agreed 100%. I think VR sounded a lot more like good gnr than this stuff does. This stuff all sounds like remakes of November Rain, the artsy fartsy gnr that I hated.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  People (besides Sebastian Bach) actually still give a shit about douchebag Axl?
                  I sure don't. Never liked Gn'R and have always hated his vocals with a passion. To me Axl's vocals sound like a male cat that's been kicked in the crotch, forced to breath helium, and shoved in a tin can all at once.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I was a pretty big GnR fan. These last dozen or so years have been a joke, and whatever interest I had, I lost a LONG time ago.

IF it's ever really released, I damn sure won't buy it. I haven't listened to any of the crap that's been leaked, fuck Axl.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                      These last dozen or so years have been a joke, and whatever interest I had, I lost a LONG time ago.
                      +1.

Comment

I really don't want to shit over someones favorite band. And I'd rather not hold the rest of the G&R members accountable for Axl being a doughbag. but I just can't find anything even remotely relevent to the new stuff I have heard. I liked G&R when they came out, liked AFD, Lies, and UYI 1 and 2. I think most of my interest in them came from the fact that MTV was jammed pact with Warrents, Poisons, etc and G&R wasn't like them. They fit in with my Metallica, Raven, and Megadeth albums. Now when I listen to that stuff it sounds so dated to me. And thanks to his tantrums all I see with G&R (regardless who else is in the band) is Axl being the douchbag that Axl is.

I honestly don't know what drew me to the music beyond it not being like the hair metal bands in apperance or sound, but whatever it was is long gone. I wish the members of that band all the best, but Axl can rot in hell.

PS:

I was a huge duran duran fan, so feel free to point and laugh. I think it's cool that anyone who likes G&R still may be getting new stuff, and I really don't want to discourage anyone from checking it out. I just really hate axl rose.
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Axle had some melody in him, but he sang alsolutely WRONG!! Anyone who actually knows vocal technique will tell you he is singing through his nose. There isn't a vocal coach in the world that will instruct you to sing that way. If sounding like shit is a style, then it isn't my style.

Comment

Axl was one of the greatest rock singers and frontmen, the new album will sell shit loads of more than 99% of the bands that you folks post here.... that's how much people care
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                              Axle had some melody in him, but he sang alsolutely WRONG!! Anyone who actually knows vocal technique will tell you he is singing through his nose. There isn't a vocal coach in the world that will instruct you to sing that way. If sounding like shit is a style, then it isn't my style.
                              wtf? there's no "wrong" way of singing... he had a unique voice which stood out... singing through nose, throat singers from asia, the vocal style of aborigines etc. are thousands of years old... no vocal technician is going to tell what's right and wrong
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X