Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your size determine your favourite guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6'4 & 220lbs, and I play my Fusion Plus out more than any guitar I own. I still like my full-size strat bodied Charvels & they often get a run at gigs, but the Fusion is there every gig. So it's a shortscale Dinky on my not-so-petite frame. It might look silly on me (I don't know - I still think it's silly that anyone should be watching me on stage anyway) but it's still the guitar to go to.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Well i'm 6' 4" and 275. Most guitars look small on me. Even a strat. I play whatever feels right to me. Especailly neck wise. A larger body does seem to not make the guitar look so small on mr. Hell eben a warrior looks small on me. A Kelly looks ok. But my Big Red is perfect in size relation. Surprisingly i dont play it that much. I'm a sit down kind a of guy when i play. So i tend to go for the Strats and Dinkies cus they just sit right.
      Gil

Comment

I'm 5'7" and about 150lbs. I've always liked Explorers, and have owned a few, but I always find them to be too big and unwieldy.

Comment

I'm 5' 8" and 249lbs. That's what happens when you're packin' a 49lb pud.

I play lots of Steinbergers, and eat lots of Hamburgers.

My goal weight is 400lbs..its in reach!!

I have 100lbs on Snoogs..fanfuggintastic!!
          Last edited by horns666; 10-20-2008, 05:00 AM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            ....That's what happens when you're packin' a 49lb pud..... I have 100lbs on Snoogs..fanfuggintastic!!
            and 48lb 6oz of that is pud!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
              and 48lb 6oz of that is pud!
              ..I was blessed..or cursed. However you look at it. I can't help to look at it. I show it to my wife all the time. I wish she'd be more enthused about it...like the girls in those enlargemenet adds. I told her if she doesn't perk up about it..I'm going to order that shit.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It’s all about the guitars balance and feel, for me...I am 5'8" and 175lbs...

However...I really don't think a guitars weight and the players weight are relevant since that players weight could all be fat or all muscle....haha!

Jimmy Page was a tall dude who plays a LP but the LP can probably take him in an arm wrestle!

Besides…even before “chambering” and “Weight relief” LPs have always been all over the board regarding weight…I have played LPs from 7lbs to (I swear) 15lbs….

Current guitars…

Jackson XTRR…
                Jackson Dinky…

both of witch are scaled down versions of the original concepts… JUST COINCIDENCE!

Ibanez Xiphos…
                Ibanez ART 300 (LP style)

Gibson V
                Tokai Love Rock LP copy

Wearing guitars low with short legs looks funny…

But us short leg guys look more impressive cuz our puds are close to the ground…

SO ITS ALL GOOD!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

size does not matter. Its what you do with it that matters.

besides, I was telling our drummer the other day. I've seen those huge 300lb guys in Hawaii with fingers as fat as three of my fingers playing Ukelele's. If they can solo on such a small fretboard, I guess size does not matter. In this case, the guitar's.
                  Sam

Comment

Steve..fuggin' cool!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgIRa...eature=related

Comment

I am gearing towards my shorter scale guitars recently. I realize that since my stroke they are easier to play due to the lower tension. I can still play the 25.5" guitars fine at first, but my left hand gets tired and cramps pretty quickly. With the 24.75" scale guitars I can play a lot longer time. So my Yamaha RGX1220S is my main axe right now. It's like a Charvel 750XL except neck-through and not an archtop! Okay, that makes it pretty different, but it's a short scale and not a bolt neck, so it's closer to the 750 than a Fusion!

I like the Les Paul and the SG about the same, upper fret access rules on the SG though.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        I'm 5' 8" and 249lbs. That's what happens when you're packin' a 49lb pud.
                        Our man Bill comes through again with another gem.
                        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

"Takes a big guitar to make me look small"
                          "POOP"

Comment

Damn Ron Jeremy... He has been quoted as the luckiest man on earth. S.O.B.!

Comment

Working...
                            X