Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to listen to death magnet properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to listen to death magnet properly?

Buy Guitar Hero!!!

http://mastering-media.blogspot.com/...ds-better.html

http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/39816

tragic.......... simply tragic.......
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm wondering what Metallica's/Rick Rubin's reasoning for clipping everything was. I would already have bought the CD if it wasn't all distorted.
      Scott

Comment

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You know I bought the CD last week on my lunch break and listened through it half heartedly through one ear after lunch. I thought the clipping and distortion I heard was from a possible bad rip job by me.

This is yet another showing of how dumb Metallica are. No guitar solos on St.Anger because "That's what other bands are doing, and if we don't do it we'll sound dated."
          Using software to max out the loudness of the tracks to the point of clipping because "Hey everyone has been doing this since Nickelback started and look how many albums they have been selling."

While the songs might be "throwback" the attitude sure is new Metallica...
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

You go Boyeeeeeeeee...

Comment

Why is everyone blaming Rick Rubin? The man's "producing" style nowadays is literally emailing in some pithy self help quotes lifted from Deepak Chopra, and having his assistant call his accountant to see if his fee was transferred. Setting foot in an actual control room is a rarity for Rubin nowadays, and even then, it's to do some Dalai Lama styled appearance.

Rubin has somehow inexplicably been elevated to a "producer of producers" type of worship.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
              X