No announcement yet.

The Father of Metal? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritchie has come full circle, because the shit he has been playing of late is about as metal as this is.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
      Carbuff that is insane, how many strats did he destroy?
      Did you watch all those other videos? He was a violent mofo back then.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        I remember watching happy days and the cunninghams was one of the 1st to get a color TV in the 50's thats a decade later and still in black and white.
        But that was the USA. Here in the UK, colour telly was still an expensive novelty all through the '60s. It wasn't really a common fixture in most households until the early '70s.
        Christ, we've got it tough now, but the early-mid '70s? They were fuckin' bleak...

Comment

carbuff, I watched that one video and he destroyed nice guitars and kick ass amps.
          Kirk Cobain did it one New Years Eve and it did get my attention.

Damn Snoogans I didnt know that. BTW was the one doing the crazy dancing on the left Ritchie?
          I would do a little more research on that band if I knew the name but all I can make out is "Mike"

Comment

I think they were called The Outlaws or The Chaps.

Comment

Actually, Dick Dale is the Father of Metal, or at least American Metal. It was said long before metal music came into the popular spectrum. He also, is the "King of Surf Guitar".
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Where's that thread with the Turkish band from the 50's doing super-detuned stuff and shredding like mad?

From the sound, I'd say they invented Metal.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X