Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested would you all be in a new auction site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How interested would you all be in a new auction site?

I cant go into much detail at the moment... but given the many changes eBay has gone through over the past few years, alot of people seem to be looking for another alternative. Would you be open to trying out a new site? Obviously, were talking about an entirely new, more affordable way to sell in an auction style site.
    Sure would, Im sick of eBay!
    73.33%
    Nope, Im fine with eBay!
    26.67%
    Last edited by RobRR; 09-06-2008, 06:52 PM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Could be cool...plus if it did well, Ebay would buy you out for big cash later

Comment

eh - it would be tough to get me interested in anything else

Comment

Yeah, why not.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Ebay is a tough nut to crack for sure. Not so many months ago I was the OP about the (then) upcoming eBay strike/protest. Since then I may (or may not) have listed only once and have bought nothing from the bay. I still look on a regular basis though. They for sure still own the online auction world, hands down.

I have a few links bookmarked for alternative auction sites of minimal to moderate success rates. They seem to initially generate a quick following, followed soon after by a thud.... lack of activity (buyers). Sometimes it is because the auction site does not do enough to keep peeps interested - sellers listing and buyers buying. Other times there just isn't enough of the right stuff and/or at the right price to bid on.

Anyhooo, I'm interested.
          In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I love the idea of it. But ebay is huge, with tv commercials and such, people all know ebay, even people who dont use it.

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
              Yeah, why not.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have no problems with eBay, but other auctions sites are welcome.
                Yahoo! Japan auctions also works fine.. and so could another new auction site.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

Just like you, somebody from the Andy Sneap forum had the idea to put up a better auction site as an alternative to ebay, which doesn't rape you on fees etc.

http://www.geargoblin.com

But so far it never really took off and AFAIK the guy has pretty much lost interest in the project.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Are there any other auction sites currently available?

Comment

I want to wish you all the luck you can, but realistically speaking that market is almost impossible to get into succesfully, unless you're willing to blow a GIGANTIC (and I mean astronomically huge here) amount of cash, with the risk of having zero to no return.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

well, you are asking if I want to sell something to a smaller market, get less money (probably) and possibly take longer to sell it...

No really interested. The appeal of ebay is the size and access to the market.

Comment

I kept hearing rumors of a google auction site with a google checkout system instead of Paypal...

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                              I kept hearing rumors of a google auction site with a google checkout system instead of Paypal...
                              And that's about what it would take to compete with the likes of Ebay.

Don't get me wrong, I think companies like Ebay suck because they have virtually no competition and as such they can screw people at will, publicly even, and no one does anything about it.

-Steve
                              Last edited by UFORocks; 09-07-2008, 07:18 PM.
                              Guitars:
                              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                              Amp:
                              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                              X