Guns N' Rose - Chinese Democracy Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns N' Rose - Chinese Democracy Leak

Anybody downloaded this yet? Story on the news last week was that someone inside leaked 9 of the tunes and got arrested. Checking isohunt, looks like it's out there, downloading 2 versions now.

How many people actually care anymore? Since Chinese Democracy was first announced, my hairline has receded further and I have significantly more gray hair. My kids who were in elementary school are now in college. The only original Guns member (to my knowledge) is Axl (read: asshole). I don't see how this could be relevant at all.
    You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
    You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
    --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
    --horns666 - 12/29/08
    I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
    --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Agreed 100%. Listening to it now. Strange tunes. I was expecting something with incredible production, intricate, drawn out songs, etc. Not what I expected at all. The songs are fairly basic. There's a lot of disco-type stuff in the background on several songs, weird. You can tell it's Buckethead on guitar though. The song Chinese Democracy is pretty decent and Buckethead has a pretty decent solo.

While mildly entertaining, the CD is not going to bring Guns N' Roses back, not by a long shot. It's actually pretty disappointing.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84778

Comment

Chinese democracy will actually happen before Chinese democracy is finally released.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            Chinese democracy will actually happen before Chinese democracy is finally released.
            You make a very valid point! :ROTF:
            You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
            You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
            --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
            --horns666 - 12/29/08
            I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

So does is like what, the 4th time or something this album supposedly leaked?
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah this leaked about 8 months ago did it not? I had some of the songs, and I thought they kicked ass, surprisingly.
                I was expecting to despise it, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Axl may be an asshole, and his voice has never been as good as it was on Appetite, but he has something magic most other singers just dont have.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

There was a long story about the making of this album in Guitar World a few months ago. Made for very interesting reading. It sounded like Buckethead is just as bizarre as Axl. He demanded that a chicken coop be built in the recording studio, otherwise he wouldn't be able to play. At one point someone brought a puppy into the studio and it crapped inside the chicken coop. Buckethead wouldn't let anyone remove the poo, claiming that he loved the smell of dog crap. So it stayed there for several days, while he was inside the coop. Finally the studio engineer couldn't take the smell any more and removed it. Buckethead refused to play any longer and freaked out on the staff.

I think I read they've spent over $20 million on the album to date and none of the record companies want to touch it now, knowing it's just about impossible to make the money back in the current state of the record industry.
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I'm surprised Axl even has any money left. Maybe Sebastian Bach gives him money while sucking his cock, since he's the only guy that seems to like Axl any more.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                      dog crap.
                      I wonder if this is any reflection of how the new CD will sound?

Comment

I think the album will sell well... people buy it just because it's notorious or whatever...

and it can't be very bad... there's many guests on that album... even Brian May...
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

There was a long story about the making of this album in Guitar World a few months ago. Made for very interesting reading. It sounded like Buckethead is just as bizarre as Axl. He demanded that a chicken coop be built in the recording studio, otherwise he wouldn't be able to play. At one point someone brought a puppy into the studio and it crapped inside the chicken coop. Buckethead wouldn't let anyone remove the poo, claiming that he loved the smell of dog crap. So it stayed there for several days, while he was inside the coop. Finally the studio engineer couldn't take the smell any more and removed it. Buckethead refused to play any longer and freaked out on the staff.

I think I read they've spent over $20 million on the album to date and none of the record companies want to touch it now, knowing it's just about impossible to make the money back in the current state of the record industry.

that's me(n)tal ahahhahahaa
                          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Chinese Democracy (1999–present)

To damn funny
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_and_roses
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

From Wiki:

In an interview with Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne stated that he had offered to have Buckethead play guitar in his band at Ozzfest. Ozzy quickly changed his mind after meeting with him, and realizing that Buckethead would not remove his costume to be accepted by Ozzy:

I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself'. He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother'. So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!'. I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker.

I think that this guy is freak, seriously, not a poser.
                              '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                              '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                              '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                              '92 Fender Strat scallop
                              '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                              '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
                              X