Gig spam: Raleigh area folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gig spam: Raleigh area folks

My band Mopping Janet will be playing at McKinley's in Clayton this Friday September 5th.

We're a rock band - we play a good variety of covers from James Brown to Black Sabbath to Tom Petty to Radiohead to Gov't Mule.

I'll be the big long-haired guy playing guitar - if you can make it please introduce yourself, it'd be great to meet some forum members!

Info and directions on McKinley's:

http://maps.live.com/localsearch/details.aspx?lid=YN522x9115808&qt=yp&what=mckinley 's&where=Clayton%2c+NC&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-us
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Have a great gig! Are you busting out the Frehley LP?
    "POOP"

Comment

I have some stuff going on that day but I'm going to try and make it out Tim. You guys rocked last time I saw you, can't wait to see you again.
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        Have a great gig! Are you busting out the Frehley LP?
        Actually we just found out we got an opening gig slot on Saturday night for a signed/established band. The drummer is a big Kiss fan and we play Love Gun so I'm thinking the Frehley needs to be part of the show. The only problem is I need to find time between now and then to fix the input jack - it's got the jigglies.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
          I have some stuff going on that day but I'm going to try and make it out Tim. You guys rocked last time I saw you, can't wait to see you again.
          Thanks for the kind words Robert - since the last show we swapped drummers and have only had 3 rehearsals so far with just one to go before the gig. He's really good so it shouldn't be a problem.

The real problem is Saturday's gig opening for Automag - our new drummer can't make it - we're trying to get Dave to hit the skins for us. Of course that means no rehearsal with him at all

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            Thanks for the kind words Robert - since the last show we swapped drummers and have only had 3 rehearsals so far with just one to go before the gig. He's really good so it shouldn't be a problem.

The real problem is Saturday's gig opening for Automag - our new drummer can't make it - we're trying to get Dave to hit the skins for us. Of course that means no rehearsal with him at all
            Damn! I haven't seen Automag in a long time. Might have to make that one too.. Dave can handle it. He already knows alot of the songs because we were playing them. He's one of the most solid part-time drummers I know.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Dave's coming by tomorrow night for an hour. That should be enough time to put together an hour long set of music

- Newc

Comment

Our Friday night gig ended up getting cut short by a set because of the storm. Man that was some fucking rain!

Saturday night we did the opening show. It was only our 3rd gig and we were using a substitute drummer that we only rehearsed with for 45 minutes - not exacly a formula for success But it ended up kicking much ass. By the second song the club owner was thanking the headliners for having us play with them because he wanted to book us. We ended our set with War Pigs and the whole fucking bar was standing up, throwing fists, and singing along. It was a blast. Anyhow, here's a couple pictures from the show.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                X