Katrina part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    It's strange, but I took the dog out at daybreak and it was calm, cool, and not a cloud in the sky. Not one hint of what's to come.
    I sometimes wonder how people felt before the invention of modern weather forecasting technology. It would suck to be out putting a roof on the house when a big hurricane is just offshore a couple hundred miles. Then again, since people from that bygone era weren't as reliant on technology they probably weren't as vulnerable.

Comment

Has anyone heard from Rich in Mississippi?
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        What about Dallas? My brother's supposed to be going there next week for his truck driving job.

its supposed to stall out over northern LA and eastern TX dumping some major rain. We're a bit far inland for where its hitting so we wont get the sustained hurrican force wind dammage. Tornados spawning are always a concern tho.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Here's another weird one. About an hour after the weather started it just stopped. No rain, no wind. Nothing. I was in between bands. Here's a pic:

Comment

About two hours ago, we started getting wave after wave of dark rolling clouds travelling East to West. No rain yet, but it's so weird to see weather move in that direction.
            "POOP"

Comment

Finally started raining here about 6:30. Last report I heard was that the "eye" was going to slip just south of Shreveport/Bossier City and head towards Carthage, Texas. That means we will get hammered by the outer bank walls.
              "POOP"

Comment

• Levees Tested

Gustav bears down on Louisiana, and New Orleans hopes barriers partially rebuilt after Katrina hold

Thank G-d for that.
                Hope everyone else is doing fine ..........
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

It's right on top of us now. Yeeeeehawwwwww!
                  "POOP"

Comment

All done now for me. Lost power from 2:30pm to 6:30 am this morning. Everything's back to normal. Just breezy.

Comment

Cool Bryan..

Waiting for SG, Rich and all JCF members there to report to us. I'm hoping everything is well as can be.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That sucker detoured right up through the middle of LA instead of heading to Texas. Might want to check on our "dealer" in Ruston. As of right now, we've got steady rain and winds gusting between 18-25 mph. Predicting 3-6 inches of rain today and tomorrow. Just hope I don't lose power. I'd hate to miss the first episode of The Shield!
                        "POOP"

Comment

Ahhh.. Very Good SeeGee!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How many of you guys seen the news clip of the angry man bitching about his free bus ride, his free food, and his free lodging during this recent storm. Basically, he's pissed because the high school gymnasium wasn't as clean or as accomodating as he expected.

Look dillweed, there were literally thousands of folks who hopped in their cars with their families and headed out of harms way. They incurred expenses for fuel, food, and lodging. It's also a pretty safe bet that some of these people didn't get the exact type of lodging they are accustomed to.

Your free bus ride, your free food, and your free lodging was paid for by your fellow taxpayers who would kindly like for you to shut the fuck up! After all, it wasn't a field trip or an outing to Six Flags! It was a rescue/evacuation from a potentially deadly situation.

By the way dillweed, you're welcome!
                            "POOP"

Comment

(Italian drumroll)..Ahhhh..Baddabing!

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

Your free bus ride, your free food, and your free lodging was paid for by your fellow taxpayers who would kindly like for you to shut the fuck up! After all, it wasn't a field trip or an outing to Six Flags! It was a rescue/evacuation from a potentially deadly situation.

By the way dillweed, you're welcome!

Good to see others think like this too !!!!!!
                                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                                X