Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More prood Axl rose is an asshole (new news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More prood Axl rose is an asshole (new news)

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...8430&GT1=28102

I'm SURE the issued was pressed by Axl.

uH, PROOF rather. heh. prood.

Ahahaha! Chinese democracy is a joke, we'be been waiting for that albums since 1997...and I think evarybody has a copy of madagascar on his dard disk since...at least 5 years ago.
    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '92 Fender Strat scallop
    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I'm still hoping for my free Dr. Pepper
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

FBI arrests man over leak of Guns N' Roses songs
        Aug. 27, 2008, 1:23 PM EST
        LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Federal authorities say they have arrested a blogger suspected of streaming songs from Guns N' Roses unreleased album, "Chinese Democracy," on his Web site.
        FBI agents arrested 27-year-old Kevin Cogill on Wednesday morning on suspicion of violating federal copyright laws. Federal authorities say Cogill posted nine unreleased Guns N' Roses songs on his Web site in June.
        The songs were later removed.
        According to an arrest affidavit, Cogill admitted to agents that he posted the songs on his Web site.
        "Chinese Democracy" is a much anticipated — and repeatedly delayed — new album by Guns N' Roses that is more than 10 years in the making.
        So...where does Axl fit into all this? Am I missing Page 2?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I take issue with three statements in this thread:

1- We've been waiting for this album since 1997. Nope.

2- Everybody has a copy of Madagascar on their hard disc. What's Madagascar?

3- Chinese Democracy is much anticipated. Nope.

It's been a long time now, but iirc GnR was sucking pretty bad and were well on their way toward being irrelevent even before the breakup, let alone after Axl decided to break Tom Scholz's anal-retentiveness record. What a fucking dumbass. I'm glad Tommy Hilfiger kicked his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            So...where does Axl fit into all this? Am I missing Page 2?
            +1

Seems like a stretch to make a "bash Axl" thread.

Comment

Do you really think that the FBI would go after this guy without a pressure?

I mean, since its not released, one can reasonably assume its not the RIAA, and there has to be a completed product to copyright?

I may be wrong, and I hope I am..I really like GnR.

I just don't think there would be much of a case if there wasn't a source of pressure from the root.

Comment

Who is Axl Rose?

Comment

And, more importantly who really cares any more?

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    I take issue with three statements in this thread:

1- We've been waiting for this album since 1997. Nope.

2- Everybody has a copy of Madagascar on their hard disc. What's Madagascar?

3- Chinese Democracy is much anticipated. Nope.

It's been a long time now, but iirc GnR was sucking pretty bad and were well on their way toward being irrelevent even before the breakup, let alone after Axl decided to break Tom Scholz's anal-retentiveness record. What a fucking dumbass. I'm glad Tommy Hilfiger kicked his ass.

1)Ok the fans are waiting since 1997, it was in that year that they revelead the title of the album, that is in the works since 1994.

2)See above. It's a song from chinese democracy that leaked in the early 2000s.

3)See above. Chinese democracy was schedulated to be released in 2001.
                    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '92 Fender Strat scallop
                    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

ahh funny that everyone likes to jump on Axl's throat... but IF it does come out... it'll be at least triple platinum
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

So what if Axl did sic the FBI on the guy? Don't get me wrong, jail time seems a little harsh. But I'd be pissed too. Even if it wasn't about the money. If I put years of my into life writing, recording, dealing with the people and the other bs that comes with putting out a record, passing up on other opportunities to invest in this instead, and somebody gives it away for free, I'd be downright full of rage.
                        Last edited by joshulator; 08-28-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Exactly. I like how people that claim to be "fans" get upset when they go to jail for "sharing with the world"

Notice these same people don't give away their own stuff, like personal info so you can get credit cards in their name?
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            but IF it does come out... it'll be at least triple platinum
                            I think that is the minimum sales needed just to break even on this project.

I'd be interested to hear it out of morbid curiosity, but G-n-R for me was the whole band, not just some Axl solo project.

I can still remember hearing the Welcome to the Jungle single for the first time and where I was when I heard it and waiting for it to play again in the rotation. That album was so epic.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

Does this mean we're going to have another round of sold-out stadium shows that get cancelled?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X