No announcement yet.

Cell Phones don't pop popcorn afterall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phones don't pop popcorn afterall.

A video bulletin posted by STLKINGV had me a bit freaked out. a friend of his sent it to him.

Theres a video out there showing 3-4 cell phones put in a ring around popcorn kernels, and indeed they pop the popcorn when all 3 phones are called and rung. They cover almost all the ethnicities too.. white Americans, Europeans, and Asians. Seeming to somehow add to its credibility, subconsciously perhaps.

Well, I was totally shocked. I mean, of course they emit a source of radiation, as they are transceivers... but I could not fathom that regulated rf was anywhere near as powerful and or dangerous as microwave...or anywhere near it.

So, I asked the AT&T guy that is on site here at my place of employment. He's an old dude, very intelligent and approachable (and always down to shoot the shit)...I asked him if he had seen it, which had not- so I explained it to him.

He used to work on some cell sites. he explained to me that the 850-1950mhz (which is the range of all bands of conventional cellular phones operate at- anywhere in the world) is indeed nowhere near the microwave band, and he thought it was just a hoax.

So I get in to work, and being a productive employee, I'm checking my email (and posting here) and I come across this thing on hotmail/msn.. http://tech.msn.com/products/article...9637938&page=2

I feel like a tool. I don't think I've been so taken by a hoax on the internets since like 1995.

Welp, I was fooled!!!!

A~
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

You and me both bro. I don't have access to Myspace at work, I was gonna shoot you a message about it!

Comment

Actually, some time ago they showed that it isn't possible to popcorn with a cell phone on the show 'Brainiac' (:
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I also got that in an email not too long ago. Eggs and popcorn cannot be cooked by cell phones.
          http://www.snopes.com/science/cookegg.asp
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it was a marketing gimmick
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cell phones also don't emit enough radio energy to cook a gnat.
              Regardless of frequency.
              Cell phones are rated in mW. (milliwatts)
              -Rick

Comment

I'm more surprised that cell phones apparently have ethnicities.
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

But that doesn't mean that they don't give you brain cancer though.......
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The Barak Obama dolls one is awesome. Somebody needs to do it with 4 big veiny vibrators...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lROdvwnres
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      The Barak Obama dolls one is awesome. Somebody needs to do it with 4 big veiny vibrators...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lROdvwnres
                      That's some funny shit!!!!

A~
                      All hail the 'King'
                      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

RF entertainment = watching seagulls fly past a SPY-1D array when it's in high power
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

So what happens when seagulls fly past this radar in high power mode?

Comment

they shit uncontrollably.
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
                              So what happens when seagulls fly past this radar in high power mode?
                              They cease to fly........ever again
                              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Working...
                              X