Home Studio packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Studio packages

Hey, I was curious if anyone could point me towards a home studio recording package. I've been asked to record more music for my friends radio show and this pedal into sound card method isn't really making the grade. I know there's a sticky somewhere with a list of what to get to do home recording, but I'm looking for something that basically comes with the PC, software and the majority of the hardware for it all together.

I should say, I'm looking for info, not looking to buy. I want to get a feel for what's out there

Thanks
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I don't know about a all in one package ;but several interface\software packages are available.Then you could get some near field monitors or not (I'm using krk rockit -2 6's and a 10 sub)

I'd probalbly recommend pro tools (I've got cubase 4\it's very difficult to get what you want out of it.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'd recommend a decent external sound card, plenty of ram and hard drive space and a decent processor. There are albeit pretty expensive packages.

I went with a PCI sound card with M-audio reference monitors (8" minimum recommended) with my preamps direct into the spdif in. Of course you could go with a amp-mic-mixer setup which would be more expensive but yield better results. I'm using Steinberg Nuendo and have no experience with pro-tools.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
      X