Ever been really homesick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been really homesick?

I'm now 38 yrs old and haven't lived in what I consider home (Cape Cod, MA) in 13 years. I look for jobs there all the time online and can't find a damn one that I really qualify for. Makes me sick looking for houses that are at their cheapest right now but no way to ever afford one without the right employment. Damn it Damn it Damn it!!!!
    LOL
    Carry on rant over.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

When I was a kid my parent's were both active military and we lived outside of Fort Knox, KY during Desert Shield / Storm. Those three years spent there were really the happiest of my life, as a kid. We moved back to Delaware in '93, but I've often thought about going back to that town in KY. 90% of my family is in Delaware and PA, which I believe is the only reason I've never pursued going back to KY. Maybe when my wife finishes nursing school we'll rent a house there for a year or so and see how things go.

So yeah, I know how you feel

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Home is where you make it. Lay back on your sofa, have a nice cold drinkie and invite your mates to come round and join you. And the neighbours. And anyone else you see that looks interesting. That's the way to see how much of a part of the community you are, and how you make that place "home" for others too. It's fabric.
      (It's also the way to end up with a trashed house and a Noise Abatement Order if you aren't careful.....!)

I still dream that I live in my childhood home, such vivid dreams that I like to think the people there are haunted by a real presence which crashes up and down the stairs at night - my astral form. One day I'm going back to my hometown, just as soon as I can get hold of enough ammo to "cleanse" it to my tastes. Erm, and a gun.

Bombtek, you're a sharp bloke, you must have some people skills, check to see which jobs you want but aren't qualified for, then go "home" for a couple of days sightseeing and reminiscing, and drop in at some of the places offering jobs. Paper qualifications are one thing, but showing initiative and willing sometimes counts for more. (Maybe not if the job is surgeon etc) Go and try, you never know your luck.

Failing that, just become a pikey, you can live where the fuck you want to then.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I still miss the place I grew up in as a kid. I was born in Manchester, but moved to Yorkshire when I was 5 years old and lived there until I was almost 11. I vividly remember everything about the village I lived in, and I think about it often. I'll bet it's changed quite a bit since then, but I'd really like to go visit sometime, just to see.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          I'm now 38 yrs old and haven't lived in what I consider home (Cape Cod, MA) in 13 years. I look for jobs there all the time online and can't find a damn one that I really qualify for. Makes me sick looking for houses that are at their cheapest right now but no way to ever afford one without the right employment. Damn it Damn it Damn it!!!!
          LOL
          Carry on rant over.

Where on Cape Cod?
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Sandwich (yes that's the name of the town) LOL
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I lived in Wellfleet for a couple of years, and Orleans for a year when I was little (like, 10). I still miss the cape.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I was homesick for my hometown the first year I was in Southern California, despite the fact there was so much more of interest to do in SoCal. After that first year I felt at home there and it was great, until traffic and crime gradually increased and I started getting homesick again.

Now I've been back home for almost 6 years and I'm homesick for SoCal! But I am glad to be near my family and childhood friends, a lot of whom are still here or came back because they were homesick too.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ever been homesick? Yes. Anytime I'm away from my family or my house for more than 3 days.

I travel a lot for work, and my trips are usually short. But I am a real homebody at heart, and don't like being away for long.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

No, I'm pretty much sick of home myself...

About time for a new haunt for sure... Economy sucksass here, and I need to getthefuckout...

Comment

Originally posted by cleveland metal View Post
                      no, i'm pretty much sick of home myself...

About time for a new haunt for sure... Economy sucksass here, and i need to getthefuckout...
                      +1

Comment

UFO did you live in Radcliff Ky?Just curious.I always have a blast in E-town,Radcliff,and Ft Knox.I have freinds scattered all over that area.
                        The band I was in back in the early 80's ripped up the Toy Tiger in Louisville Ky.
                        Ky rocks, always has.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X