Mac & Cheese...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac & Cheese...

So I was bored the other day, and decided to whip up some custom Mac & Cheese.

My pal stopped over (unannounced) and I fed him.

He said it was the best he ever had.

Damn, I just realized this is the perfect fett thread.

hehehehe

Any one else turn M&C into something worth eating?

1.5 sticks of butter, half cup of flour, stir (making a light rue)
    Add milk, and any cheese you have... I used cheddar, swiss, jack
    Add other goodies (salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, nutmeg, capers, chopped green olives, 6 hotdogs, sliced 1/4" thick... a ham steak works much better, but I didn't have one)

Boil water and cook noodles while cheese is melting and goodies are getting to know each other.

Put noodles in a baking dish or two, depending on the amount of sauce you made (Don't over cook noodles please!) pour cheese sauce over noodles.

Add crushed Ritz crackers on top

Microwave some more butter, then pour melted butter over bread crumbs.

Bake in 350 oven, covered for 40 minutes, uncover an lightly brown for the last 5 minutes or so.

Out of oven, let it rest (or you'll burn your tastebuds off).

Eat.

Repeat.

Since the wife and kids are down south this week, this has proven to be a great breakfast, lunch, and diner food.

Now if I could just find a way to make laundry fun.

LOL

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

"help me, help me, I'm turning into fett!"
    "POOP"

Comment

Sounds like dish of pure heart attack heaven. Why does all the good stuff have to be so bad for you? I am lazy and prefer to just use velveta(sp?) and skip the baking. I will some times add ground beef and rotel to make it taste like queso. The wife finds it gross, but I like though so who cares?

Comment

PS, I missed the caption above. He can only be Fett if he starts a hoarding obsession for plywood guitars and an affinity for cheap questionable meat.

Comment

Mmmm, Mac & Cheese! I like mine with hotdogs and pepperoni.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Mmmm, Mac & Cheese! I like mine with hotdogs and pepperoni.

Dude, I'm right there with you.

My wife makes a mean baked Mac&Cheese casserole with Ham.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Nice. This thread is making me hungry... and I do actually have some Mac & Cheese in the cabinet, but I don't think I should be eating this late. Maybe lunch for tomorrow. :idea::idea:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude yes. A macaroni and cheese thread on a guitar forum.

Has anyone noticed how crappy the new Kraft Dinner is? They added this new "real" cheese smell and taste to it and it grosses me out. It just doesn't taste right. To me they tried to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place...

I want my old KD back!

Have any of you ever tried to apply Mac & cheese recipes to flat, rectangular, glass casserole pans of store-bought, frozen hash browns. I don't know how to do it but it's amazing. My aunt always makes it and it's so good.

PS: That recipe sounds amazing.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Lol @ SG

Mmmmmm glad I'm not alone in this.

The only time I can handle the blue box mac & cheese is with stewed tomatoes and fish sticks... like they used to serve in school.

If they messed with that formula, well... I'll probably never eat it again, since it was kinda gross anyhow.

--floydkramer

Comment

After having my wife's home made M&C I dont think I can ever go back to the blue and yellow box, just cant. The current blue box has to be at like 400% more cheese than the original was, and it's getting kind of gross.

-Steve
                    Guitars:
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

I sorta miss the Fett threads....hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                        After having my wife's home made M&C I dont think I can ever go back to the blue and yellow box, just cant. The current blue box has to be at like 400% more cheese than the original was, and it's getting kind of gross.

-Steve
                        Exactly my point! It's disgusting the amount of cheese they put in now. i usually only uses about half or 3/4 because it's gross otherwise. I find that some store brands make better Mac & Cheese than Kraft now. Especially President's Choice. Their white cheddar is amazing. And yes, homemade is way better than the boxed stuff but I'm in high school and don't have much for cooking skill. I can make a mean fried rice, that's about it.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                          I sorta miss the Fett threads....hahaha...

I dont...

Fett is a nice guy and all, but for a while there this board was becoming all about him and whatever ridiculous thing he wanted to talk about. There were more threads about cheap meat and plywood guitars than anything else, and honestly it was getting pretty annoying. Now that he's no longer around spewing non-sense all over, this board seems to have gotten back on track.

-Steve

P.S. Sorry, not trying to Hijack anyone's thread here...
                          Guitars:
                          Amp:
                          VOX AD30VT

Comment

Yeah, back to important things like this Mac and cheese thread...

It's verrrry closely associated to Jackson Guitars and all I realize...

Hehee...

And, I have assuredly gotten more laughs out of his threads thans say... Ummm... yours... Although I realize you are sorta right, I still somewhat miss his nonesense nonetheless.

Comment

LOL! Well, at least we can take turns now.
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X