Update Mrs Tekky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Well, what guarantee does anyone have that he'll have to stay in for the whole 440 years? It's great news and all, and I'm not trying to be a downer, but when does he come up for parole? 7 years? Will overcrowding issues allow him to get out?
    I think in Illinois, parole is figured with a percentage of the sentence. For the sexual assualt counts, he has to serve 85% of each sentence.

So for an example - he was sentenced to 70 for just Kristi's case - all of which was for aggrevated criminal sexual assault. State of IL requires he serve 85% of that - so he'd be eligible for parole in 59.5 years for just Kristi's.

But since all his sentences have to be serve consecutively, he has to serve 85% of the sentence for each situation - so in reality he won't be eligible for parole for well over 300 years.
    Last edited by Tekky; 08-17-2008, 07:24 PM.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
      +1

Kristi was a large part of why I could share my personal info here. She helped me see that there's no shame in honesty and what we share with other people. When we have such deep emotional stories to tell there is no shame is sharing and no shame in helping others...
      There is no question about that, and that is what will make us better as humanity grasps this. When I was able to talk about what I am freely I was able to heal and now I really try to work with people on helping them be OK with who they are. Great post!
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Out of the numerous boards I waste bandwidth on, I have met the most remarkable humans here; should other couple's love be as strong.

Comment

Working...
        X