Cubase guitar record probs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubase guitar record probs?

OK here's the deal, When I record my guitar (Charvel 650XL) through cubase I get a really dirty distorted recording, It puzzled me as I had no VST effects imported on the track, then I realized it was the active pickups causing it. How do I correct this? I'm new to computer recording so my attempts to fix are exhausted. cheers

Good luck with that. I still don't have cubase figured out. There is a DVD called "Cubase demystified" http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubaseLEDVD

Comment

Yeah it's funny how folks are so eager to sell you something that will answer this question by saying "Try turning down your Input/Recording volume", or "Make sure you're using new batteries".

So, umm, yeah. Try turning your Input/Record volume down, and make sure you're using a brand new battery that you just put in today.

If Cubase has an Input Level Monitor, turn it on and see if you're pegging the red zone. You shouldn't be. Computers do not need a super-hot signal like stand-alone recorders do. As long as you're getting more signal than hiss on the input, you can record a track at -30dB and then bump it up afterwards.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I got that video (it's laid out poorly - it has mac and pc all mixed together ( as opposed to 2 chapters)

also even if you have effects turned off (all plug ins included )any of the ones loaded - seem to draw on your ram

when I reach critical mass - the sound will double (in a sick manner )start internally feeding back and generally sound like hammered shit (ps I'm running 4 gigs)

my interface is lexicon omega.

my sucess rate is still very low.but when I do get something viable to work with I've found importing to adobe audition - will make it muck easier to work with.....imho
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I have the lexicon lambda and the cubase le or what ever came with it. I also bought a "best bang for the buck" AKG condenser mic. The mic has never even been opened. Has anyone else here mastered cubase?

Comment

I dunno about all this shit, but I can tell you I've very successfully used Native Instruments Guitar Rig, with a guitar port as the interface (I'm not paying a few hundred for a floorboard controller with its own sound card...just more IRQ/DMA/RAM to consume)- very successfully. I've imported the tracks I've recorded into other programs that worked out well. Its all about the levels and sample rate...

Comment

I wonder what sully used for some tracks he posted a couple of months ago, those sounded really good.
              Last edited by phill_up; 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X