No announcement yet.

Check it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He knows three arpeggios....major, minor...and one that he doesn't know the name of! I'm going to run out and look for his instructional DVD now. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
      Matt Queefy is such a hack at guitar, it's sad. I don't want to play that!

Sweeping is awesome if done correctly, Loomis, Becker, Romeo, etc.

Here's something I'd like to play..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKTOZg_gNOc

..you're preaching to the choir about those players..you do understand this..right?

Then I must be a fuggin' hack..In fact I know I am. But I can write metal songs alot people seem to like..too bad I don't have more time to do it.

Dude, I can't believe you just showed me a fuggin' Jeff Loomis GW youtube thingy..WTF???!!!:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
      Last edited by horns666; 07-31-2008, 04:21 PM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        ..you're preaching to the choir about those players..you do understand this..right?

Then I must be a fuggin' hack..In fact I know I am. But I can write metal songs alot people seem to like..too bad I don't have more time to do it.

Dude, I can't believe you just showed me a fuggin' Jeff Loomis GW youtube thingy..WTF???!!!:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
        Haha, of course I know I'm preaching to the choir. And yes, showing you, of all people, a loomis vid.

Nah, you're not a hack, Queefy's a hack at life, and especially guitar.

That video was mainly for Queefy fan boys who thinks he's actually good.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

"Queefy"..

Ya'know..His hair kinda confuses me..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

They're okay, but I don't know if I'll ever buy any of their albums. This sounded a little Metallica-ish, more vocal-wise than muscially, I thought, but I couldn't get into it all that much. I have heard their cover of Master of Puppets and thought that was pretty decent.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have their three and listened to them. There in my collection basically collecting dust since new. I burn copies of them for Vinny..he really likes them as well as Shadow Fall and All that Remains amoung others. He's becoming a very good guitarist and he's already a monster on drums. With that said..I give those kudos to those bands.

Savage and I were talking earlier. Just like many of us here that's been around for a while. There is hundreds or thousands of guitarists that we all took something from. We wear our main influence on our sleeves. But nobody would guess I was inpired by bands such as Lillian Axe, White Lion, Rough Cutt, King Kobra, Black N Blue, Lemans, Loudness, Extreme, Icon, Night Ranger, TNT and ect . I was prolly the biggest George Lynch fan imaginable. I don't really sound like any of them..but all of that is in there. I'm rooted in EVH, Frank Marino, John Sykes and ever since '96 ..Jeff Loomis. Those would be the obvious.

I don't think anyone could tell by hearing anything I do may have been inspired by a riff I heard in White Lion song..but its possible.

I'm sure I'm not alone here. Alot of us came from the same school. Therefore having very similar stykes. We saw that in the 80's and we're ceratianly seeing that again these days...because of "faggy" bands such as Trivium. They a metal band with a spoon of sugar for the kids to enjoy and they are. I don't think alot of kids out there are being inspired by players such as Dave Suzuki of Vital Remains. But a band like Trivium may open those doors to budding shredders..such as my son...and kids I see shredding at GC playing a Razorbacks because that's what Trivium plays.

I'm glad kids are intrested in making records instead of scratching them.

My personal fave.. Nevermore would prolly open for a bands like Trivium on a bill. Its a popularity contest man. Popularity and image will always trump talent with most sheople...Slipknot..Mushroomhead..Mudvayne..Static X..ect..

Creed..Korn..Limp Dick..Disturbed.. Fuggums.

I'll take Trivium over any of that shit..its much closer to the heart of true metal and playing. "Hey Bill some of those guys can really play"..Sure I know..where? If that's the case they sold out to dummy down their abilities for trendsake. Now the guys in Trivium could smoke Metallica..who inpired them to begin with. Getting fat and lazy bit them in the ass..but you'll have diehards happy to hear pathetic versions of days gone by @ 150 bucks a pop...cool!

That was a good rant..I like it. Fuck the Typos..you deal with them..

Comment

the vocals sounds like metallica... that's all i'm hearing except for the screamo parts. i don't dislike it. i'd listen to the album if it was in the player but i don't think i'll be buying it
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Sounds ok to me. I probably wouldn't pay to go see them, but if they were opening for someone I like then I would show up early enough to see their set.

Comment

I've never particularly liked Trivium. I can't stand the vocals at all.

This video making fun of the piss-poor vocals has made me laugh every time I've watched it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLDLyeepVs
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                    X