Slayer vs. Pantera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer vs. Pantera

That other thread has me thinking. Who's better?

You guys decide.
    Slayer
    45.19%
    Pantera
    54.81%
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Don't like either one, but if you count their 80's material I guess I'd say Pantera.

Comment

Same, not really into either, but I'd have to give Pantera the nod.

But really neither is as good as house music...

:ROTF:
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Slayer blows. Pantera gets the sporadic spin, so they have it.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Pantera! I never really got into Slayer.

Comment

I dig some Pantara jams.

A~
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

they've made equally landmark metal albums. Pantera arguably more consistent tho from the 90s onwards. And darrell by far the better soloist . Unfortunately neither band contains george lynch reb beach or steve lukather so they both fail.

Comment

I really don't care for Slayer, Kerry King is a fucking egotistical douche bag that needs to be hung by his nuts. Another thing is, all the Slayer fan boys think they're the fucking shit because they wear a Slayer shirt. Slayer. Blows. Liking Slayer does not make you brutal.

Pantera all the way.
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I used to be sorta into Pantera, but no so much these days. I was never a fan of Slayer and probably never will be.

Comment

They both made equally landmark metal albums? Er no!

Slayer made Reign In Blood which fucking blows away anything Pantera ever done. They also did South Of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss which are more consistent than any Pantera album.

Pantera had some great stuff, but much of their albums were filled with shit filler songs.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'll bite.

Pantera all the way. What a cool looking car

On the serious side, I just never got too much into Slayer, but really "clicked" with Pantera.

Comment

I may get lynched being from TX but I am going with Slayer. I can listen to RIB, SOH, and SITA with out skipping songs. I cant say the same for CFH, VDOP, or FBD. Now if it were a question of guitar skills I would same Dime hands down.

Comment

I can't vote but I will have to go with Slayer on this one too. Pantera had some great albums but only about 3 of them before (I thought) they all started to sound the same. Slayer was just getting going by their third album and I'd never thought I'd ever get to call Slayer sonically 'diverse' but they really evolved all the way up to Divine Intervention when compared to Pantera.
                          Darrell was definitely the better lead player though and Slayer's surely not for everyone.

Is this survey about the bands' music or about the personalities of their members and/or fans?

Comment

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!

"Reign in Blood" - all that needs to be said, it eclipses anything else by either band.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by tooslowhand View Post
                              Is this survey about the bands' music or about the personalities of their members and/or fans?
                              I'm asking about the music.
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X