X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leno out / Conan in

Leno's last 'Tonight' is May 29; O'Brien in June 1
    July 21, 2008, 2:18 PM EST
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Conan O'Brien will take over the "Tonight Show" next June — and what happens to deposed host Jay Leno after that is anybody's guess.

Leno's last show will be Friday, May 29, and O'Brien will start the following Monday, June 1, NBC executives told a Television Critics Association meeting Monday.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

IMO, shoulda happened alot sooner. I always found Leno to be a hack that rips off other's ideas.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have mixed feelings. Leno is a better host than a standup. Conan is the better standup comedian. My only problem with Conan is his sillyness. I bet the show's producers curb some of that sillyness once he takes the helm.
      "POOP"

Comment

My life is ruined.

Sorry, I like Jay better. Will Conan at least keep Leno's band?

Comment

Leno is a great host. However, I like Conan better. I like his I don't give a damn style with stuff. Hopefully they'll let him keep the Masterbating Bear on the show, but I doubt it because stupid fucking sensative douchebags will call in and complain.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I like Conan but I don't see him holding ratings there.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              Leno is a better host than a standup. Conan is the better standup comedian.
              I personally thinks thats ass backwards! Conan isnt a standup at all, and when leno isnt castrated by censors he's really funny.

That said, I prefer late night to the tonight show by a large percentage. Say oh 100%. Tonight show has the worst, worst writing outside of prime time on television, thats what makes Leno good in my book. He continues to make it suck slightly less!

Comment

Craig Fergusen is better than all of them. He's a great host, great interviewer, and he's funny as hell, without trying too hard.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Will I be beaten if I say I like Dave better than all the named here?

Comment

NBC is fucking Leno to keep Conan, and then will proceed to fuck Conan by neutering everything that makes him good at 11:30. NBC - the Nincompoops Broadcasting Company.

Leno will come out of this looking better than NBC or Conan. He's made his pile of cash and it's all gravy from here on in.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I like Leno...hell, anyone who made his bones by trying comedy at Strip Clubs in Revere, Mass. while the Locals fling their cigarette butts at him deserves a medal. Conan is cool...but they probably will try and curb his humor.

Comment

I watch Conan. And nobody else. The others bore me.

Somebody should hire Sascha Baron Cohen to do it. He'd be great at it.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                          I watch Conan. And nobody else. The others bore me.

Somebody should hire Sascha Baron Cohen to do it. He'd be great at it.
                          Have you watched Craig Fergusen?
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The Tonight Show ended for me when Carson retired. Nobody will be as funny a host as him. Of course these days the hosts can't come out bombed like they did in the 70's either.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              Have you watched Craig Fergusen?
                              Yup. I find him awkward.

Comment

Working...
                              X