Wachovia Securities HQ raided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wachovia Securities HQ raided

I know somebody mentioned that Wachovia was going to go under. Could todays raid by Federal Regulators be a sign of what's to come?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/17/news...ion=2008071715
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Appears the raid was related to the ARP/ARS freezeup. I have no opinion to share on Wachovia one way or the other, but this appears unrelated to the chatter regarding their financial position, although the negative publicity certainly can't be helpful.

Vass

Comment

Funny thing is that the Feds settled with most of the ARS dealers only a year or so before the whole thing collapsed. I guess the settlement didn't go far enough and, now for political and legal cover, the Feds are going back to take a second bite at the apple. Funny how it's not mentioned in the press that the Feds "fix" was an utter failure.

And Wachovia ain't going down. They're by no means out of the woods, but they're in much better shape than most financial institutions right now.

Comment

I told you guys!

I got a this info from the guy that is my broker friend that says buy Silver.

I knew about this and alot of guys said I was paranoid, full of BS and Wachovia is not going down.

Comment

Angel King,
          Have you seen those new 20 dollar commemorative 9-11 $20.00 bars?
          It says 20 on one side, and 9-11 (=20-duh) on the other. Kinda nifty looking.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm not mathmagician but isn't 9-11 = -2?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              Angel King,
              Have you seen those new 20 dollar commemorative 9-11 $20.00 bars?
              It says 20 on one side, and 9-11 (=20-duh) on the other. Kinda nifty looking.
              Have not seen those but I prefer the standard bullion bars so my followers can cast the into busts and statues honoring the only true Angel King...Me

Plus when my empire falls I can remelt the idols into bars to recoup my losses.

Comment

hellbat +1 ;

but ak I agreed with you there and here - there are serious problems with the economy looming just ahead ,I don't want to say like doomsday , but enough where most of the middle class will feel a large strain and even worse for the poor ..
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  hellbat +1 ;

but ak I agreed with you there and here - there are serious problems with the economy looming just ahead ,I don't want to say like doomsday , but enough where most of the middle class will feel a large strain and even worse for the poor ..

Actually this comment may offend some people but it is my real life observation that the poor people I know are "economically immune" since most are on goverment subsides section 8/food stamps/ SSI etc. They laugh when I tell them about how the economy is suffering but everyone is feeling the gas prices.

Take my statement at face value as I am not saying these people do or dont deserve the government subsidies it is just an observation.

Comment

9-11, = -2, never too old to learn something on this board-lol
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                    X