Snakeskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakeskin

Well it's finaly done. (well almost)> I still have to cut a control cover and do a fret level on it. Cus it's buzzing pretty good above the 12th. So without further ado. Here are some crappy pics. cus my good camera took a dump and i had to resort to the old crappy one.

Considering what you said about the camera and as far as I can tell from the pics, it looks pretty good. Throw some better pics up when you get a chance.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Ok here's some new slightly better pics of the Snakeskin. sorry for the blurriness. But its a really cheap camera.

It needs some good fret detailing. And a second opinion on the truss rod. It seems to be stuck. Which would suck. but i do have another neck i can use. From a 25 dollar squier i picked up the other day. And it has a 12in radius yay. altho the body is plywood the neck may be worth the 25 bucks if it fits the neck pocket right. But we shall see.
      Gil

Comment

bumpssssss

Comment

Is that Floyd cockeyed or is it an optical illusion?

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            Is that Floyd cockeyed or is it an optical illusion?

I was thinking the pup had a slight slant to it. Eddie started that one...of course.

How would snakeskin wear after a while. Does it hold up pretty good if that was your main player. Does Warren D still use his or is it retired..I dunno.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

your pickup's wonky

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                I was thinking the pup had a slight slant to it. Eddie started that one...of course.

How would snakeskin wear after a while. Does it hold up pretty good if that was your main player. Does Warren D still use his or is it retired..I dunno.
                from the horses mouth, the original snmakeskin is apparently that used that its black and looks like cack, the snakeskin he uses currently is a newer one........amazing what you can find out standing next to a tourbus

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                  from the horses mouth, the original snmakeskin is apparently that used that its black and looks like cack, the snakeskin he uses currently is a newer one........amazing what you can find out standing next to a tourbus
                  That's right bro..you were right there..all up in there and whatnots!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    That's right bro..you were right there..all up in there and whatnots!
                    yeah me and my homeboy warren.....

Comment

It's not real snake skin. but it feels like it. It has a bit of texture to it. But wont fall apart over time and use. Like Warrens did. Actually the trem and the pup ring are both a hair off. The trem intonates and has no hang ups. So im not too concerned. But i may dowel and redrill. I brought it into work today to have the tech look at it. We've both deterined the truss rod nut is stripped. So he unscrewed it. And I removed it form its nesting spot. And gave him the nut to take back to the shop with him and bring back a new one on saturday with our regular tech. Then I'll have to see if the neck is fubar or not. I may replace the neck temporarily with that squier neck i mentioned just to see if it fits. Or try a DK2 neck i have even though its a 24 fret neck on a charvel model 2 body. We shall see. Hopefully the neck is ok.
                      Gil

Comment

Well I brought it to work to have th tech look at it. determined the truss rod nut was stripped. So he unscrewed it. I got it out of its cave. And he took it back to th eshop to find a match. Meanwhile I found a match here at home on a neck that im not gonna use. So after screwing it onto the truss rod. and tightening it as far as it would go. The rod wont budge. I cant get the neck straight. Its got too much relief in it and it needs a fret level. GRRRRR But the body is good. I tired the squier neck I have. And its a 16th of an inch to narrow. So theres too mucu playin the neck pocket. I may throw a DK2 neck i have on it. Even though its a 24 fret neck it fits perfect except for the extra bit of neck heal. So i'll have to take a smidge out of the pocket to make it work.
                        Unfortunately I dont have anyother necks to work with this. Unless i pull one off a perfectly good guitar. Which i dont want to do. And it wouldnt make sense. But im gonna bring it back to work on saturday and have the tech look at it again with the new nut. and see if he has any tricks or suggestions. Grrrr! Oh well it was a cheap thing off of ebay and the body rocks. So it wasnt a complete waiste of money.
                        Gil

Comment

Working...
                        X