Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music: Technology is amazing!! Check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music: Technology is amazing!! Check this out!

Steps:

1) Save the image to your PC
    2) Open up image with something like Photoshop/GIMP (if it prompts you, just choose the 'discard layers' option)
    3)Save the image as a .raw file (headers=0, if asked to specify)
    4)Rename that image to .mp3 and open in your audio player of choice

Rickrolled bitches!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Didnt work.

Comment

Neat trick.
      I recognize the song, but can't remember the name. Rick Astley sings it.
      Here's the converted file.
      Last edited by rjohnstone; 06-26-2008, 11:14 AM.
      -Rick

Comment

So I guess they put a png header in front of an mp3 file and changed the extension? I don't have any app that can save as a raw.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          I recognize the song, but can't remember the name. Rick Astley sings it.

Never Gonna Give You Up. Sadly, it seems to be making the rounds on youtube and other sites disguised as any number of other songs. It's supposedly funny. Hmmmm....nope.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

What the hell?! I'm using Firefox 3 and it had a little tab in the bottom left of my screen. I clicked play and the Rick Astley song played. That is sweet! No conversions or anything.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
              Never Gonna Give You Up. Sadly, it seems to be making the rounds on youtube and other sites disguised as any number of other songs. It's supposedly funny. Hmmmm....nope.
              That's called getting Rickrolled:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolled

I knew Ward was up to no good. Luckily, he tipped his hand with the

Rickrolled bitches!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                What the hell?! I'm using Firefox 3 and it had a little tab in the bottom left of my screen. I clicked play and the Rick Astley song played. That is sweet! No conversions or anything.
                I'm gonna check that out. I haven't used FF much because the blurry text, especially in forums, gives me a headache. I was hoping FF3 would've solved the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                  It probably did that because the link I posted in the thread to the converted MP3.
                  FF can't do RAW conversions on the fly.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    I'm gonna check that out. I haven't used FF much because the blurry text, especially in forums, gives me a headache. I was hoping FF3 would've solved the issue.
                    Version 3 has a new way of rendering fonts. Other than that, I don't see many improvements over version 2, to be honest.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Version 3 has a new way of rendering fonts. Other than that, I don't see many improvements over version 2, to be honest.
                      Yeah I find it a lot easier to read than version 2.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Still blurry as hell for me. I've been looking to see if there's anything I can do about it, but most of what I'm finding only applies if you're running Linux.

Comment

Working...
                        X