Any Electricians in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    Or when people don't take the piss out of you as normal but keep asking if you are OK.

(Like when I slipped with a drill and nicked an incoming 400v 160A 3 phase cable........I was blind for the first couple of minutes, then realised that despite the smell of burning, I wasn't actually in Hell, it was the sleeve of my fleece which was all crispy . No damage to the drill, though drill bit was history, no damage to me, 1 pair of underpants well and truly pebble-dashed. Another lesson learned - don't even put the tiniest pressure on the drill if it binds in metal conduit, stop, take it out and try again!)

It's the little things, the dimmer switches etc, that are more dangerous. Some woman asks if you can sort her dodgy switch out, you heroically say "No problem, 2 minute job, it'll cost you a smile and a cup of tea", you don't bother knocking the breaker off because it'll take more time to find it than do the job. As she watches her hero from the doorway, you then succeed in blowing the end off the screwdriver, unheroically screeching and yelping like a fucking schoolgirl, and plunging the place into darkness, leaving you crawling about looking for your torch and then the consumer unit. Chance of pulling the woman afterwards - Zero.

Ummmmm, the only time I think I have had a coppery taste in my mouth is ermmmmm, well, come on, y'know........I'm ashamed to say it in case you think I'm a dirty bastard! Let's just say "Red Wings".
    :ROTF: That's just fuckin hilarious:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
    X