No announcement yet.

How to kill the internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gives a fuck? They can have it. Turn the damn thing off.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      No sweat off my nuts either. Besides, I'm just here for the dental plan provided by our Platinum Membership.
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        Exactly. I enjoy the internet and being on the JCF but do I have to have it? No. If it suddenly doubled in price, I'd have to tell em to shove it.

Kinda like cable. Comcast has it kind of locked up around here too. When the bill goes up we call, give em shit and they bring the bill back down. There's not too much on cable worth a fug anyway.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
          Exactly. I enjoy the internet and being on the JCF but do I have to have it? No. If it suddenly doubled in price, I'd have to tell em to shove it.
          At home all I do is check email and this place. Sometimes look up phone numbers. If the price went up, I'd give it up.

I have been playing some games online but I could do without that.

Most people would roll over and die if they had to do without it.

Comment

I could do without it but it would make almost everything I do a big hassle.

I don't watch TV, listen to the radio, or read the newspaper. I don't use the phone unless I can avoid it.

I get any and all information and entertainment from the internet and do as much of my communication as possible on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              I could do without it but it would make almost everything I do a big hassle.

I don't watch TV, listen to the radio, or read the newspaper. I don't use the phone unless I can avoid it.

I get any and all information and entertainment from the internet and do as much of my communication as possible on the internet.
              I'm old fashoned. I watch the TV and use a land line phone.

My kids are starting to explore the net, they might have a problem if it's pulled. But they can do without fan videos of Naruto on youtube.

Comment

It doesn't really give us anything we can't get elsewhere, just makes things faster and easier.

Without the internet I probably wouldn't know much about different guitars, bands, cities, people, etc. I would just know what exists near where I live, which would be kind of lame.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  It doesn't really give us anything we can't get elsewhere, just makes things faster and easier.

Without the internet I probably wouldn't know much about different guitars, bands, cities, people, etc. I would just know what exists near where I live, which would be kind of lame.
                  I know what you're saying. For guitar buying, it would suck.

I can remember going to the library and looking at want ads from papers from cities around Des Moines looking for gear. That was a bitch.

That and it snowed every day when I was a kid. Every day.

Comment

It does seem to be snowing less and less over the years. I used to be big into snowmobiling but haven't gone in years now due to lack of snow, time, and money.

Comment

Somewhat related...we just dropped to basic cable from standard (25 channels from 70ish). And you know what? I kind of like it more now. Fewer channels to choose from means I actually pay attention to what's on instead of just flipping through them all. Weird, huh? Plus it saves us $36 a month, so that's like an extra tank of gas.
                      Scott

Comment

I wonder why gas stations don't just bill everyone a flat rate for unlimited use? Or coal mines, or corn farmers, or ...?
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                          I wonder why gas stations don't just bill everyone a flat rate for unlimited use? Or coal mines, or corn farmers, or ...?
                          Or lap dances? Man that would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Or lap dances? Man that would rock.
                            Truly a most excellent idea but I'd imagine that the subscription would be like $8,000 per month.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                              Truly a most excellent idea but I'd imagine that the subscription would be like $8,000 per month.
                              Hmm....one month of unlimited lap dances, or for the same money, nail that Ashley Alexandra Dupre bitch twice. That's a tough call. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X