Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who knows about printing?

Looking for 2 things here:

1: The specs of the paper that is used to print standard posters like you find at WalMart or a record store (thickness, etc).

2: Somewhere to buy it in 18" wide x 150ft long rolls.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Go to a larger printing company in your area and ask them for the specs and if you can buy the paper through them or their supplier. Your local quick print shop won't usually get paper in a roll. Simple answer but I think that's the best way to get what you want.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

18 gauge maybe?

Paper, it least the kind that I'm thinking of (unfortunately I used to work in a paper cup/plate factory) comes in big large massive sizes roll that come on/in a trailer.

Just some info:
      Various gauges, 16-18 are much thinner and flimsy rolls and hard to mold/shape because so thin, lots of scrap/waste.
      20-22 gauge, ideal rolls and preferred by many to mold/shape, less scrap/waste with 20-22 gauge.

You can go to a hobby store and locate the aisle where solid white poster board are
      and somewhere on the sheet it lists its specs.
      That way you can see and feel the difference.
      Last edited by Soap; 06-11-2008, 06:40 PM.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

There's as many different papers out there as there is...I dunno...atoms?

Find a printer and ask to see their paper swatch books.

You will find every texture and every weight and every color.

There's no such thing as standard paper. Much of it feels the same but it's all different.

Most paper ships in standard sizes so you gotta ask your printer and/or paper company.

Comment

I worked for a massive global printing company a few years back, so I've seen the ginormous rolls of paper, and in all varieties of weight, texture, and quality (from the shit to The Shit), but never bothered to note the specs of any of it.

I've got a decent printer (HP Designjet90) and a roll of SemiGloss Advanced Photo Paper, and it's very nice, but there's two problems: anything I print on it would have to sell for $30+ to cover the expense, and the back is littered with the HP logo.
          I'd prefer a less expensive (and thus put a lower price on what I print) and more glossy paper with no branding on the back.

Unfortunately, the local printshops would most likely not disclose their paper specs, at least not without first trying to talk me into giving them the print jobs. Small town, and all that. I wouldn't if that was my livelihood.

Ah well, back to Google
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ask FirebirdV (Chris). He is in that business.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X