need a phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a phone?

I have been thinking about dumping my phone. as in...no phone service except for emergency use like a cell phone.

I figure... everyone I talk to regularly uses email or AIM anyway if i dont see them on a regular basis face to face. IN the last year I have used my phone about 7 times. I get more damn wrong numbers than anything...

What do you guys think?

I got rid of my landline home phone a year and a half ago, and only use my cell phone. I don't use it that much, mostly for work, and I can use it to check my mail and IM, text if need be. It's still cheaper than when I had my home phone, too.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thats what I am thinking. Except... I wouldnt use the cell phone unless it was an emergency really.

Of course now I saw a deal from comcast saying internet and phone are $49/mo.... seems like a cheap way to go and keep phone service. Maybe I just won't give out the number and never plug it in.

Comment

Belive it or not I hate phones.
        "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

I dropped my cell phone two years ago and have never been happier. I use Vonage for my home phone. 500 minutes a month for $14.99, plus you get your voicemails emailed to you. If that's not enough minutes, they have unlimited for $24.99.

I looked into the Comcast deal when they started advertising it. After the deal runs out the phone is $39.95/month. Sorry, no thanks.
          Scott

Comment

I don't use a landline. They're a waste of money. I rarely use my mobile either, just as an mp3 player so I don't have to listen to people's boring conversations, screaming brats and pissheads.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
              thats what I am thinking. Except... I wouldnt use the cell phone unless it was an emergency really.

Of course now I saw a deal from comcast saying internet and phone are $49/mo.... seems like a cheap way to go and keep phone service. Maybe I just won't give out the number and never plug it in.
              My roommate has the cable/phone/internet with the cable company. It's fine for her since she uses the phone a lot, but I don't really have a need for it.
              I guess you could always do that if it saves you money, but one of those cheap, pre-paid cell phones might be better.

Comment

A bonus to land line over a cell phone is that no one expects to be able to reach you 24/7.
                Scott

Comment

They can be turned off, you know? :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                  X