Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a succesfull comic book character? Make it look like another.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a succesfull comic book character? Make it look like another.

It's a well known fact that the popularity of a comic book character comes largely from the way that particullar character looks. And sometimes those looks are so appealing that other authors decide to take those looks and apply them to one of their own characters.

Such is the Case with Storm from X-men.

Storm is a contridiction: she's an african woman with white hair and blue eyes. In her village she was known as a goddess because of her ability to control weather. Storm is a kind and caring person but also incredibly driven. As a commanding figure in the team she's always out front and demanding but inspiring the others because of her personal courage.

From the Japanese manga series "Ah! My Goddess" comes, Looks wise, one of the most blatent copies of Storm, Urd.

Urd (Pronounced "Err-doh") is the goddess of the past according to the norse mythology. Like storm she's a contradiction marrying dark skin with white hair and Blue eyes, also like Storm she usually fights by throwing lightning bolts at her opponent. Where Urd and Storm differ is in their behavior, Urd is much sassier, making good use of her sex appeal and usually having the men wrapped around her finger. Urd also has a lack of focus, often forgetting the reason why she set out to do something. Finally, Urd is a half blood being half devine and half demonic, I guess this also accounts for her mean streak.

Storm and Urd DO look like each other but they are completely different characters, Ah! My Goddess author Kosuke Fujishimi already admitted that he loves the X-men series but he wisely did not make Urd a complete copy or Storm, they share the looks but not the personality.

It's probably written as Erudo.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Well, Urd has way more cleavage going on as well, and Anime/Manga is all about the tits
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Well, Urd has way more cleavage going on as well, and Anime/Manga is all about the tits

Except for Naruto. Right?

Oh dammit... there's Tsunade..
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
        X