• Show
Clear All

The Outlaws
    The Eagles
    The Doobie Bros
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      When you add guitars, you have to decrease the gain of each one so they don't mush together. Look at Judas Priest's older stuff. You've Got Another Thing Coming has some of the weakest individual gain on the guitars, but together with the drums and bass, as well as the guitars both playing the same chord, it's heavy as shit.

You'll also have to allow everyone fair space in the EQ spectrum. Each guitar should have an EQ pedal that shapes each one's tone; one for Low-mids, one for mids, and one for high-mids. Let the bass and drums have the lows. When it's time for a solo, switch off the EQ pedal so you're in the frequency you want to be and hit the Lead channel on your amp.

It can be done, but you will have to work as a team, and not as three guitarists.
      Yes, so far, we had kept that in check. I like thick middy tone with lot more bass and my other guitarist likes less bass and more higher mids. So, both of us playing, it sounded pretty good to my ears. but now, we'll have to see...
      Sam

Comment

Raging Slab. Cool!
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          Eh? What a load of fucking nonsense.
          Uh you ever listen to CoB? Their Keyboard player stays almost exclusively in the same frequency range as the guitarists...

Comment

make the rules up as you go along. Do whatever you want... make it sound good. Who cares of no one else has done it....

If the guy sucks... well...then he sucks and boot him out.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
              make the rules up as you go along. Do whatever you want... make it sound good. Who cares of no one else has done it....

If the guy sucks... well...then he sucks and boot him out.

Yeah, play it by ear, it's definitly possible, also remember many studio albums by bands with 1 or 2 guitarists have more than 2 or 3 guitar tracks overdubbed, so go for it.

plus you can all stand next to eachother and head bang in unision, unless you are playing out at a sunday brunch or something

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                unless you are playing out at a sunday brunch or something
                :ROTF:

thanks for the assurance guys! Its great to finally be in a band after 5 years of playing all by myself. I am gonna try my best. I dont want to be out of a band.

The other guy is actually pretty darn good. I'm the least experienced of the lot, I must confess and I'm shit scared. First, I had to live up to the expectations of the band-founder/guitarist, now, I have to live up to his relative too. But its great to play with others, and I've learnt so much already from this dude. Anyway, its not gonna become my day-job or anything so, all's fair in rock 'n roll and fun.
                Sam

Comment

Skimmed through, and most 3 guitarist bands were mentioned. However, lots of bands with just 2 guitarists sacrifice the rhythm track when playing live. The bass will play the rhythm, while the guitarists do the harmony. Think live In Flames, or something like that. If you have someone to fill out the riff, while you and the other guitarist do the harmony, it gives a much fuller sound.
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

So, probably we wont need a bassist at all
                    Sam

Comment

Zwan had Billy Corgan, Matt Sweeney and David Pajo. Tune up a lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X