Trial Update - cliff notes edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial Update - cliff notes edition

For those of you interested, here's a quick summary of the last week or so.

As of end of day last Tuesday (the day I testified) all the victims had been on the stand. Testimony then turned to the evidence taken from his house, our homes, and his work and home computers. How the evidence was aquired, the chain of custody, etc was all confirmed. Yesterday and today that have started getting to more specific items.

According to different news reports, he was running criminal background, name and vehicle plate searches on multiple women - including me. I had heard that my plates had been run at least 3 times starting about six months prior to my attack. Let me state here that I had never been pulled over, never had a ticket, never been arrested or detained, never filed a police report prior to my attack. These searches were done through the National Criminal Information Center database and through the Law Enforcement Accessible Database System.

It was also mentioned today that two fibers found on the tape used to bind me were microscopically similar to a ski mask and jacket taken from the alleged serial rapist's home.

He apparently also made multiple attempts to access secured evidence rooms - where he had no authorization - and later to access the information systems room where notices of entry or attempted entry to the evidence room is kept.

This is all according to multiple news updates. Scientific testimony continues. They are still looking for at least 2 more weeks of trial at this point.

Ok - so maybe it wasn't so quick but it's still a summary! Thanks again for all your support. You guys have been fabulous to me. The support and positive thoughts make a huge difference.

WOW he should definetly get put in the general population when convicted. Talk about an abuse of athority. What a turd.

Comment

Yeesh. Yep, running plates of pretty girls is common practice, or was at the time I was working. Many guys would run plates to get their addys. That was before there were computers in the cars and we told dispatch to run it. They pulled them over and everything. I always stayed in the car rollin' my eyes. I didn't want any part of that crap! I could write a book on that stuff, with actual stories with names and places.

Tampering with evidence..it makes sense. That sounds horrible. Stay strong, tenacious and positive. It sounds like that SOB is screwed...prolly literally.

Bill
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have to say to stand up and tell your story in public like that is one thing. The light in this story is that your bravery and courage may have actually cemented this case. So in the end you have a lot more to stand proud for than being a survivor
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I am proud that you have stood your ground, and I hope this bastard gets "all" that is coming to him. Stay strong ! I hope the science helps put this POS away.
          Let him in general pop if he gets convicted - make an example of what happens when you abuse power... I can't stand bullies or those who take advanatage of their position...

Comment

Going through what you have and then having to recount it as you did takes alot of inner strength. You did your part now hopefully the prosecutors can do theirs and close this out. Thinking happy thoughts for you.

Comment

That's probably why he fired all his lawyers, They probably saw the mountain of evidence and told him he should plead it out. I got my fingers crossed for ya and hop he spends the rest of his life in jail.

Comment

Your strength is an inspiration Mr. & Mrs. Tekky. I hope the appropriate end to this ordeal is near so it can be put behind you as much as possible.

Comment

What a complete and utter scumbag.

You're a tower of strength Mrs Tekky. I'm sure every day will be sunnier once you're through this.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    That's probably why he fired all his lawyers, They probably saw the mountain of evidence and told him he should plead it out. I got my fingers crossed for ya and hop he spends the rest of his life in jail.
                    He also drew his salary while in jail until he had 18 years in on the force, then resigned. I wonder if he managed to retain some kind of pension and benefits for his family that way? He may have wanted to drag it out for that reason.

Either way, I'm sure he's looking at a long and ugly term in prison, whether in the GP or in solitary the whole time. I'm proud of Kristi and the other ladies for getting justice for themselves by putting this piece of human vermin where he needs to be.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      He also drew his salary while in jail until he had 18 years in on the force, then resigned. I wonder if he managed to retain some kind of pension and benefits for his family that way? He may have wanted to drag it out for that reason.

Either way, I'm sure he's looking at a long and ugly term in prison, whether in the GP or in solitary the whole time. I'm proud of Kristi and the other ladies for getting justice for themselves by putting this piece of human vermin where he needs to be.

Thankfully the only thing he got when he finally resigned form the police force was the money he personally had put into the pension plan - no matches, no bonus, nothing else. Apparently there you have to be employeed for 20 years to be fully set for "retirement". The kicked would have been that even if he had his the appropriate seniority, being found guilty of a felony that you committed while using your police authority nullifies everything.

Apparently, according to some of the news sources, a hair was found in the search of his stuff that had similarities to mine, but could not be positively identified as mine. And a hair was also found on the tape that was used on me that had similarities to him but could not be positively matched. Which all just means that it probably didn't have root tags or was so deteriorated (it was over 3 years after my attack that his home was searched). But apparently the most significant thing they id'ed yesterday was the 2 fibers from my tape - one of which microscopically matched the mask, the other microscopically matched the jacket - they said that although it's not a 100% match, finding two fibers that are that similar to 2 items they found at his home is very significant.

Comment

While it's not his family's fault he did what he did, I'd go after whatever pension he would draw. Not to punish them for his crime, but just so he cannot say "well, at least my family has something". Take away everything he can possibly hope to have. Destroy his life as completely as possible, even to the point where his own family curses his name.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X