New Mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mattress

Any mattress gurus out there? I just dropped a considerable amount of coin on a Simmons Beauty Rest. It was pre-treated for mositure/insects. What are the disadvantages of these newer style mattresses? Are the chemicals used to treat them safe? It definitely has a chemical smell to it. And, it doesn't feel as soft and comfy as when we tested it in the store. The last 2 nights on it weren't "refreshing" to me at all. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts or similar experiences, thanks.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Our mattress had that smell for about a week after we bought it. Other than being annoying, it didn't affect either of us (no headaches, sicknesses, etc.).

As to the softness, remember that no one has laid on your brand new mattress, but lots of people have laid on the one in the store. It will get better as it gets broken in.
    Scott

Comment

I have a nice Lemonye that is a double pillow top. Softest bed ever, I swear. It did not have that chemical smell though. The first couple nights are never comfortable, as it always seems to need a good breaking in.

Comment

I can't stand those pillowtop ones. The mattress we got was called "firm plush", a.k.a. one step softer than firm. I need that support!
        Scott

Comment

Thank God you were actually talking about a bed mattress!!

For a minute, I was thinking that you were talking about my ex-wife

Comment

tempurpedic rules

Too bad they cost as much as a USA Jackson.

Comment

The beds in Sweden are way different than the US. Maybe some Sweden folk can chime in on how they like theirs?

Comment

I got a Spring Air pillow top and it took the wife and I a good 2 weeks to get used to it.
                Rolling over was a real workout at first.
                Ours had that chemical smell as well, but neither of us got any headaches from it and it went away pretty quick.
                Your body just needs to adjust to the new bed.

We got our daughter a Simmons Beauty Rest and it's too firm for me.
                -Rick

Comment

We just got a Simmons pillow top with the individually wrapped coil system. The first night was pure hell, simply the worst nights sleep of my life... but after a few days, I LOVE it. We didnt notice any chemical smell with ours at all.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[QUOTE=thetroy;1106282]tempurpedic rules

fo' sho'

no more waking up with kink dick from those late night sleep erections
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post

fo' sho'

no more waking up with kink dick from those late night sleep erections

:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                      X