Some PICS from Washington DC trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some PICS from Washington DC trip

I promised some pics. I took so many, it was hard to chose which to post. Here are a few.
    Outside the Marine Corps museum.

Some from inside the museum.

This Corsair was used in the tv show Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Taken at Arlington National Cemetary.

Air and Space museum.

Last edited by StukaJU87; 05-27-2008, 11:10 AM.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Cool pics! Thanks
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Awesome pics bro. Thanks!

Comment

Nice pics Scott.

Corsairs kick ass.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Very cool...thanks for that!

Comment

Great pics, thx for sharing.
              Kinda got goosebumps from some of those.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I've been to DC bunches of times but have never been the USMC museum. Is it new?
                Scott

Comment

Nice pictures. Man that crotch rocket sticks out like a sore thumb in that picture of all the bikes.

Comment

Outstanding pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Back in 1991, I had the opportunity to visit D.C. on business. Two days of lectures, four days of site seeing. So, I called my dad and asked his advise on what to see. He didn't hesitate and told me that The Smithsonian was the place to visit.

The very next day, I hailed a cab and started my adventure. During casual conversation with the cabby, I asked if the "gentlemen's clubs" in D.C. were any good. He proceeded to take me to The Chamelot Club. If memory serves me correctly, I never did make it to The Smithsonian.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I've been to DC bunches of times but have never been the USMC museum. Is it new?
                      Spiv, sorry I did not mention it. The Marine Corps museum is in Quantico, Va. The museum is right of Rt95 and only 30 minute ride from DC.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                        During casual conversation with the cabby, I asked if the "gentlemen's clubs" in D.C. were any good. He proceeded to take me to The Chamelot Club. If memory serves me correctly, I never did make it to The Smithsonian.
                        Mark, this is information I COULD HAVE used last week. If I make a post about going again next year, please remind me of this.
                        Scott

Comment

I demand more pictures of that messerschmitt ! Please !

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
                            I demand more pictures of that messerschmitt ! Please !
                            Here are a couple. The problem was that the rooms are cramped in there, and getting a full shot of these planes impossible will my ill camera skillz.

bf109

me262

Korean War memorial.

Scott

Comment

Great pics, Scott. I was in D.C. a few years ago. My wife and I loved every minute of it. Cool town, and tons to see there. The air & space museum was def my favorite.

My wife had business one of those day we were there, so I just wandered most of that day. Spent much of it on the mall, Lincoln memorial, et al. And in a Mustang convertible rental, no less.

I must admit the Vietnam Memorial was humbling. To see vets & their families losing it in front of their fallen comrade's/husband's/father's names was gut wrenching. I had to walk away.

Comment

Working...
                              X