Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCain against expanding GI Bill benefits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel Ray! Yummo!
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Once again Mark, I bow my head to you. Tropical douchery. Too good my man.

Yep, Rachel Ray equals yummy.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by VACharvel View Post
        You Sir are a tool of the first degree...if you truly feel this way about our military....relinquish your citizenship and move to Russia or some other alternative country of your choice.
        Telling me to move to another country because I exercise the rights of this one? And I'm the tool? I was in the Army (you're welcome). I know what type of people are in our military. Monkeys with machineguns, pouring out into other countries where we don't belong, just to cover up some politicians' erectile dysfunction. As an American, it's my right to say such things, and I actually fought for the right say it. So, seriously. Fuck you.

I did my service and got my GI Bill/Army College Fund thing and went to school. Well, guess what? It didn't pay for much of anything. 20-25 hours a week actually in class, 10-20 hours of homework, still had to work 20-30 hours a week and I wasn't even making ends meet. Had all the loans I could get and was having to use a credit card to buy food. Was so deep in debt I quit school so I could work full time and pay some of it off. Last year was ten years since I got out of the Army, and they tell me my college fund has expired. They still owed me 15 grand and now I'll never collect it.

Shot people and got shot at, for what? Stop with the bullshit incentives. Just pay them more and let them decide what to do with their money. Draft people of all social ranks to get a more diverse force. As well as a force that rich politicos will be less likely to use so blindly, as it might have some of their own children in it.

please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
          I was in the Army (you're welcome).

Shot people and got shot at, for what?
          OK..you automatically assume I haven't served?? I'm RETIRED US Military....so ummm, I think I did a few more weeks than you did Oh, no need for empty "thanks"...I did it out of a sense of responsibility and maybe giving something back to this great country...not for fame or recognition...the service was my reward for my time spent....

Been there done that for the combat thing....don't like to remember, can't forget unfortunately.....I seen my friends die....did some horrible things....but I wouldn't change it for anything.

I can honestly say that the people I served with are some of the finest people I've had the pleasure to call friend.....great people with ideals, honor, courage, and pride.

I still think you're a douche dude...sorrry...Tim said it best...embrace your douchery.
          Last edited by VACharvel; 05-29-2008, 06:44 AM.

Comment

As a side note...the Montgomery GI Bill was NEVER intended to pay for all costs incurred for education...with that being said, I know of few if any investments that fulfil that return.

So, if you were a current member and got the GI Bill and paid your $1200...you'd get back much more than that in total benefits paid out, and all VA monies are tax exempt.

Comment

Game, set, and match.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I was under the impression everyone knew about the brainwashing of POWs? Stockholm Syndrome, anyone? After hearing Anti-American propaganda in a POW camp it becomes ingrained into the psyche. Years later when you become a politician, with a bid for the White House, it all comes back - "Where is my government? Why aren't they sending in the Marines to rescue me? I'm expendable. I'll show them whose expendable when I get home." etc, etc.

It's no secret the US Guvmint betrayed the military in Vietnam. It's also no big secret that many want revenge for that, as well as revenge for being spit on and insulted by the civilians when they got home. Put a POW in the White House and you're taking a huge risk.
                This sounds a bit paranoid.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Answer this question: would you rather have radical Muslims firing rockets up and down your street and the ACLU screaming that they have a legitimate grievance with the system and have a Constitutional Right to express their opinions in such a manner, or would you rather we were shooting their civilians?
                :ROTF:

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Nowhere in the Constitution does it give citizens permission to blow up people or property in protest. Anyway, how does us being in Iraq prevent the Muslims in this country from going berserk?
                The ACLU cares very little for the Constitution.

What really needs to be done is to give the Sunnis their own country, the Shiites their own country, and the Kurds their own country. The only thing they have uniting them now is a common enemy in the Americans.
                That solution obviously worked for the Israelis and Palestinians.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                  That solution obviously worked for the Israelis and Palestinians.
                  The Middle East was fine until the Allies gave the Jews a country after WWII. How would you feel if France, Germany, and Italy came into the U.S. and said, "Sorry, but Massachusetts is now property of the Chinese." Yeah, I'd be pretty upset too.
                  Scott

Comment

The Middle East was fine until the Allies gave the Jews a country after WWII. How would you feel if France, Germany, and Italy came into the U.S. and said, "Sorry, but Massachusetts is now property of the Chinese." Yeah, I'd be pretty upset too.
                    Look back in history... Israel existed before Palestine.
                    The Muslims conquered the region and renamed it Palestine.
                    The region has changed hands and names many times.
                    And no, it wasn't "fine", the region was a train wreck long before the Jews decided to take back their country.
                    The "Allies" didn't give them anything... the Jews took it back by force in 1947 and declared themselves and independent state in 1948.
                    Go back to school and learn real history, not the crap that is spewed on CNN.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      And no, it wasn't "fine", the region was a train wreck long before the Jews decided to take back their country.
                      The "Allies" didn't give them anything... the Jews took it back by force in 1947 and declared themselves and independent state in 1948.
                      @RJ.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

How would you feel if France, Germany, and Italy came into the U.S. and said, "Sorry, but Massachusetts is now property of the Chinese." Yeah, I'd be pretty upset too.
                        That would be bad. I doubt I'd get too worked up if it were Utah though.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sorry, I did get some facts wrong. The League of Nations created Palestine after WWI, and the U.N. approved the Jews plan for splitting it to create Israel. The U.N. approved it even though Palestine didn't, and then Israel/Palestine had a war and Israel took even more land than the U.N. had approved.

So my analogy with Massachusetts is still correct.
                          Scott

Comment

Sorry, I did get some facts wrong. The League of Nations created Palestine after WWI, and the U.N. approved the Jews plan for splitting it to create Israel. The U.N. approved it even though Palestine didn't, and then Israel/Palestine had a war and Israel took even more land than the U.N. had approved.

So my analogy with Massachusetts is still correct.
                            The League of Nations did not create Palestine... it existed as far back as the 2nd century when Muslim Arabs conquered the region.
                            The Jews had been slowly moving back to Palestine in great numbers since 1881 which led to the Palestine riots in 1920.
                            This caused the League of Nation put Palestine under British rule in 1922 because it was such a cluster fuck from the Jews moving back to reclaim their holy land.

Your analogy is wrong because the Chinese never had any ancestral claim to any land in the US.
                            The Jews sure as hell have a claim to Israel.

Your argument still fails.
                            -Rick

Comment

"Ancestral claim" or not, Palestine was torn if half by the UN, not by the Palestinians. Jerusalem is important to the Muslims too, if I'm remembering my world religions class correctly.

I'm half Scottish. If I got a group of similar people together, would the U.N. give us Glasgow so we could have our own country?
                              Scott

Comment

The League of Nations did not create Palestine... it existed as far back as the 2nd century when Muslim Arabs conquered the region.
                                The Jews had been slowly moving back to Palestine in great numbers since 1881 which led to the Palestine riots in 1920.
                                This caused the League of Nation put Palestine under British rule in 1922 because it was such a cluster fuck from the Jews moving back to reclaim their holy land.

Your analogy is wrong because the Chinese never had any ancestral claim to any land in the US.
                                The Jews sure as hell have a claim to Israel.

Great points..

Isreal has every right to the land. They took it in a war kinda like we took our country from the Indians and then later thru a few more wars.

I am tired of hearing this crap about who has rights to what land. We hear all the time in the US that the indians should get it back. Well I say give your land to them 1st.

Isreal won the wars and have every legal and moral right to defend there land. If the muslims want to attack isreal then let them because Isreal will unleash a serious butt whopin in retalliation. The US should stop asking isreal to use restraint. I say let Isreal kick butt again.

Comment

Working...
                                X