Anyone work for Verizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work for Verizon?

My mother in law dropped her phone into a puddle of water.. and they are trying pork her into buying a new phone.. She has been a customer for over 5 years and they aren't giving her a break ... just wonder if there is some sort of way around this ..
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

That's how it goes. They will not replace phones damaged by water at all. That's why most newer ones (at least by them) have a white tab around the battery compartment that changes color when it gets wet so they can tell if it was damaged by water.

Comment

i don't work for verizon, i work for t-mobile. i can tell you that water damage kills phones and voids all warranties, and yes, the only thing you can really do is buy a new phone. ever get water on a keyboard and have to replace it? same kinda thing. sorry man.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks.
        2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
        2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
        2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
        2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
        2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
        2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
        2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
        2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
        2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
        1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
        1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

i pay the extra for insurance. with all the rain, taking the phone to the shower so you dont miss a text (my girls), and with long wet hair ..... it has been worth it.

of course the was the time when one of the girls phone would not charge due to the connecting thingy was lose, i took the phone back because it was under a year. the watermark sticker was slightly faded, so they would not honor the warrenty even though it was not a water issue (bastards). so i took her sisters phone and took a exacto knife to scrape out sticker to do a switcheroo. got the new phone!
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Does Verizon offer the damage-insurance?? James had it on his last phone from Sprint. Got it wet, they replaced it. It only costs us $7.00 a month.

Comment

couldn't tell ya. i would assume so; i know that we do at 5.99/month.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                Does Verizon offer the damage-insurance?? James had it on his last phone from Sprint. Got it wet, they replaced it. It only costs us $7.00 a month.
                yes ....
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
                  My mother in law dropped her phone into a puddle of water.. and they are trying pork her into buying a new phone.. She has been a customer for over 5 years and they aren't giving her a break ... just wonder if there is some sort of way around this ..
                  If she plans on staying with Verizon she can sign up for a fresh 2 year contract and get a new phone at a discounted price. Be persistant with the sales people. You can wheel and deal with them. Also, ask about their "loyalty discount". After 5 years they should give her some kind of consideration.

Comment

i've been with verizon for well over five years, never had one issue with them. i briefly tried sprint and that didn't go so well. went back to verizon.
                    the phone selection could be better i guess... my wife and i are using the blackberry "pearl". those a very good phones.
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

If Verizon won't cut you a deal, try finding a decent used/new one on ebay.
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I work for them. Right now if you haven't upgraded in a year, call customer service and they can hook you up with either a Blackberry Pearl for 99.99 or a LG ENv for 49.99 after 50.00 MIR. Just ask for the Mothers Day Special

Comment

...lol. and then be prepared to exchange the pearl later due to trackball issues.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Water is not allways a big deal. Get a small container, fill it with (unused) kitty litter and seal the phone inside for a few days. You can also try flushing it out with Isopropal alchohol. Also, I destroyed my Verizon phone about a year ago and while they would not give me a new one I did get a big discount on another new one.
                            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              ...lol. and then be prepared to exchange the pearl later due to trackball issues.
                              That is true, those go out all of the time. The ENv is a cool phone though.

Comment

Working...
                              X