Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My acoustic / singer-songwriter project (yeah, laugh, you bastards!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My acoustic / singer-songwriter project (yeah, laugh, you bastards!)

Alright, so after a couple years of trying to keep my acoustic project afloat as a "band", I've given up the ghost and just decided to do it solo. So without further ado, I present to you Xasis:

http://www.myspace.com/xasis

There's a new song up there I recorded a week and a half ago called "Starswept". I recorded it in about 2 hours with my main band's bassist producing and laying down some fretless. Let me know what you think!

-Scott
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Chords and progressions are nice. The lyrics are good (they didn't put me off and most do), but there's something missing with the melody. To me, it sounds like you ought to consider reworking the vocal melodies. I like the relaxed delivery and somewhat conservative melodic choices, but it sounds like you've missed some opportunities to make the songs much better. Invoke David Gilmour and find the notes that create tension and resolution to your taste. That's my 2¢.

Comment

WTF???!! Dude, I always thought you were too fuggin' fugly like me to have a pretty side...:ROTF:

Dude, that was soda pop out my fuggin' nose funny..that's your sig right there.

Damn that was good stuff, very nice..I can't do that!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ha, thanks Bill.

aron, I hear what you're saying completely...I'll see what I can do

Comment

Also, my friend Ken (who sings in my main band and helped out on the other 2 songs) wasn't very confident with his vocals for this, and I think that shows a bit. Oh well, haha

Comment

....you did it..fuck yeah

I'm coming back and gives those dittys a real good listen. Man, I sure could use stuff like that if and when I ever record sumthin'..because I can't do that!

Those sounds would be great for intros..bridges..dynamics supreme..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X