Armageddon- What are your thoughts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armageddon- What are your thoughts ?

Armageddon, do you believe this will happen ? I am just trying to get peoples input for a class I have been attending.

I dont believe in god, so i most certainly dont believe in any scriptural disasters.

Comment

I think many people subscribe to the "end of the world" theory because it will prove their religion as true. I worked with two people that were really into it. They were always reading this magazine called End Times or something like that and comparing current events with those that were supposed to foreshadow the apocalypse. I asked why they were so intent on seeing the end of the world and they never had an answer. The reality of it is this though, regardless of how it happens the world as you know it will end. No one lives forever. Are we all going out at once? Doubtful. Will it mirror biblical prophecy? Sure if you look hard enough parallels can be found in most any historical event when compared with prophecies made in the past.
      Last edited by Jason1212; 05-09-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

No.

Let me rephrase that. Something might happen that might end the world sometime but will it go down like in the bible? No.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I've never read the bible so I'm not sure how it's all supposed to play out.

I do tend to stay away from big hollywood blockbusters though, particularly when they have the all-star cast & Ben Affleck & a bombastic Aerosmith anthem. Although one day I might end up watching it if I stumble across it on tv.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Absolutely. It is written in the scriptures and the scriptures are the word. Some scientists and even bible scholars try to interpret the timing and fail trying to understand the the prophesy's. Once you see the "one world order" really coming together (which it is), soon enough that war will happen. Only time will tell.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

It will happen eventually, but not for a very long time (unless it's brought about my man, of course).
              Scott

Comment

Who gives a crap? If we're all dead, then we're all dead. Whatever. And I was taught not to believe everything I read, so why start with the bible?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it is apparent you have not checked your Maya calendar which predicts a 2012 apocalypse.

So the date (December 21, 2012) coincides with a conjunction of the Winter solstice sun and the crossing point of the galactic equator and the ecliptic.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

yes. indeed it WILL happen, and it will occur in the way it is foretold in the Bible.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Armageddon is a place, not a happening.

R Smacker.
                      Pedant-in-Chief.
                      England.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

2012 that year my b-day will be 12-12-12.

Comment

Armageddon is the Meggido valley in Isreal. I believe what is predicted in Revelation and Daniel will happen. I wont discuss it here because I dont feel like argueing back and forth and it will get ugly and we dont need that here. I will in PM though haha.

Comment

Three Days of Darkness in 2012... what a great Testament song!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                              Armageddon is a place, not a happening.

R Smacker.
                              Pedant-in-Chief.
                              England.
                              very true. the Bible actually says: "Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon." - Rev. 16:16, NIV

Armageddon (the battlefield) is near the city of Megiddo, which is SE of the modern city Haifa.

HAHAHAHAHAHA - yard dawg beat me to it!!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X