Myanmar crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myanmar crap

Ok they dont want our help so why do we insist on forcing ourselves on these idiots? Myanmar govt seized 38 tons of UN aid for themselves today so why send more? Let them rot if they refuse help. We have too many people here who need help. If we would have helped the katrina folks half as well as we want to help the world maybe alot of lives would have been saved there. Come on stay out of foreign affairs of they dont want us there.

The people there probably want us, but the government there for sure doesnt. I agree though. We have more urgent matters here to deal with. As nice as it would be to reach out and help every country in need the reality is we cant. Our resources are way to thinned out.

Comment

Yep, government sucks so fuck the people.

Maybe we needed to reach out to other countries for help after Katrina? That might have helped. But we have too much pride for that.

I think we need to change our global reputation and helping people like this is just the way to do it.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

You mean "Burma".
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          Yep, government sucks so fuck the people.

Maybe we needed to reach out to other countries for help after Katrina? That might have helped. But we have too much pride for that.

I think we need to change our global reputation and helping people like this is just the way to do it.

We did get help from other nations.
          http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9231819/

Our reputation is bad because we try to nation build. I am against that too. We need to deal with our own problems 1st. If Burma or myanmar dont want us then oh well. We dont need to overturn another govt do we?

The prideful govt here is Myanmars not ours. They dont care about there own citizens.

Comment

Nations offered but very few were accepted.

Our reputation is bad because of Iraq. Call it what you want but that's the reason.

No one is saying we need to "invade" Burma, but a continual offer of aid is not a bad thing.

People have been saying "we need to help our own people first" for years and years now. We do, we have a very active welfare system. So to me, that arguement gets very old.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Myanmar is not refusing our aid because of Iraq; the junta would refuse it regardless because they don't want anyone coming in and giving the people ideas. They've been doing this for 50 years. They are willing to take aid but not aid workers, because they don't want anyone to see them taking the aid for themselves and letting the people die anyway.

As for nations helping us after Katrina, Qatar gave $100 million in aid which is very appreciated here. The Emir of Qatar actually visited here last week to see how things are going too. It shows that there is another side to our relations with Middle Eastern countries.

I really feel for the people of Myanmar, but we can't force our way in and it's not as if an invasion would help the people. It is a real crime that their government is doing this though.
              Last edited by lerxstcat; 05-09-2008, 01:49 PM.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

North Korea is another place that would just assume let the people rot than let outside help in, at least from the US.

Cuba would be interesting if they were hit hard by something like this. We are the closest, but would they allow US aide workers into the country? or would US offer help to the embargos. Still amazed with the efforts put in to peace in the mid. east, but we cant come to terms with Cuba after 50 years.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                  North Korea is another place that would just assume let the people rot than let outside help in, at least from the US.

Cuba would be interesting if they were hit hard by something like this. We are the closest, but would they allow US aide workers into the country? or would US offer help to the embargos. Still amazed with the efforts put in to peace in the mid. east, but we cant come to terms with Cuba after 50 years.

:ROTF:
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

they don't want help? jeez what kind of a bullshit talk is that... there's ethnic genocide happening there every day... a lot of people are slaves... there's no government, the nation is ruled by a dictator and a military... btw. US, UK and a couple of other big countries are really helping.... by investing in their gas pipelines (more money for the military... the pipelines are built by slaves btw.), tourists (all the money to the big guys again)
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The entire Nation only has 8 working helicopters... Let's see how far that gets them in their own relief effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                        :ROTF:
                        Every President since at least Carter has tried to broker a Mideast peace plan, but Cuba has been ignored, so he's right. We realize that the Castro regime is in for life with the support of most of the people, so why try?/

As for the Mideast tensions, Turks should be glad for the existence of Israel, because without that, the hatred of the Arabs would be much more focused on Turkey. If you have any knowledge of history you'll know that tension between Arabs and Turks has existed for centuries.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Fuck myanmar.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            Every President since at least Carter has tried to broker a Mideast peace plan, but Cuba has been ignored, so he's right. We realize that the Castro regime is in for life with the support of most of the people, so why try?/

As for the Mideast tensions, Turks should be glad for the existence of Israel, because without that, the hatred of the Arabs would be much more focused on Turkey. If you have any knowledge of history you'll know that tension between Arabs and Turks has existed for centuries.

You're probably right. And I'm not holding sides on the Israel thing. If the Palestenians had the same power, they would do the same thing to Israel.

And with the current government, I think the Arabs just love us
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Time magazine is. link

This dictorship is ok to knock off for some reason according to Time. Even without France, Germany, and Russia's permisson. :ROTF:

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              Nations offered but very few were accepted.

No one is saying we need to "invade" Burma, but a continual offer of aid is not a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X