Teenage girls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage girls...

...So last Friday some friends and I decided to go the local highschool football game, mainly because a couple of my buddies had little cousins/brothers playing in the game. It also happens that my uncles kids go to the school (son plays on the team, daughter is a cheerleader) so I wasnt shocked to see my 14-year old cousin in the line at the concession counter. What was shocking was seeing some guy standing next to her with his hand on her ass. Now im not her father, but i know she was raised better than that, i also know that he would have had that kid by the ear the second he saw it, so naturally i split them up, explaining that he had 10 seconds to be out of my sight and sending her home with her brother (who would probably have killed the guy). Now im by no means their absolute favorite family member, but being called an asshole by someone youve known and looked out for since they were two hours old hurts... i know her dad was grateful for me telling him about it but i cant help but think ive overstepped my bounds...or maybe just alienated her...its shitty going from the cool guy to a total dick in 30 seconds. Later that night i told my girlfriend that i absolutely do not envy anyone with a daughter.

Cheer up, you did the right thing.
    "POOP"

Comment

good for you!!!! like he said, you did the right thing.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

1 in 4 teenage girls have an STD.

So you guys with daughters, pick 3 of their friends. Which one has the STD? Man, I'm glad I don't have girls.

Kids today are quite different. A bit more disrespectful maybe? I don't think I would have just sat there with my hand on my girlfriends ass at a football game when I was a kid. But todays kids are very different about what they will do in public.

Did you do the right thing? I don't know. I'm not involved. Was it a Huge Issue? Not really, it's not like they were commiting a sex act there in the line.

But you made the call, right or wrong, you made it.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yeah dude, absolutely.....I probably wouldn't have been as nice. Then again if it was my 14 year old nephew with his hand on some girl's ass I'd probably just smile at him and give him a nod of approval. Hypocritical, but there's just different rules for boys and girls. lol
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

On a similiar note, about six years ago, I was out front cutting grass when I saw an Eclipse rounding the corner. I recognized the car and then I noticed the owner, my best friend's daughter (she was 16) was on the front hood hanging on by the windshield wipers. Her boyfriend was driving and they were having a grand time until they spotted me. Sure, they were having fun and being kids, but all it would have taken was a slight swerve or the touching of the brakes and he could have made a greasy spot out of her.

I called her dad and told him what I saw. He thanked me. Two days later, I saw his daughter in the Wal-Mart parking lot. She first gave me the middle finger, then called me a nosey motherfucker. I shrugged and never said a word. Never mentioned it to her dad. Now here's the kicker. The next year, her senior year, she sent me a graduation invitation. Can you imagine how badly I wanted to say "fuck you bitch!"
            "POOP"

Comment

Something like 30% of kids graduate highschool as virgins. Less if you only look at females. Chances are they're doing more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                Cheer up, you did the right thing.
                +1

It sucks not being the cool uncle, but you have to do what's right.

Comment

Ok... I do think you stepped over your boundaries... but you were doing what you thought was right.

I mean why seperate them..? It's a couple. Sure it's young but they're teens, they know better than anyone else. I'm not saying you shouldn't do anything because it wouldn't do jack, but that either way you put it, that's what teens do.

So I really don't get why you're surprised. Hand on ass... could be a lot worse? Dunno. NOT saying you did the wrong thing bro: you did what you think would protect her and you should be hailed for that. Just putting the other perspective out there a bit.

Comment

"I do think you stepped over your boundaries"

"NOT saying you did the wrong thing bro"

"POOP"

Comment

Well...sometimes you gotta go with your guts. And airjamie didn't do anything that bad. He was protecting his cousin. Kudos for him. But fact is, he WAS over the 'teen' line. But what isn't these days

The kid definitely had a way uncool reaction and Jamie didn't deserve it, I believe.

Comment

I'm a father of a 13 year old girl. You did the right thing. I probably wouldn't have gone as far as telling him to leave, but certainly getting his hand off her butt and making sure her parents knew about it were well within the lines of what was reasonable.

Comment

Is it safe to assume that the "teen line" represents what teens think is appropriate versus what adults know is appropriate?
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                            I'm a father of a 13 year old girl. You did the right thing. I probably wouldn't have gone as far as telling him to leave, but certainly getting his hand off her butt and making sure her parents knew about it were well within the lines of what was reasonable.
                            Said a lot better than I ever could have

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
                              ...i absolutely do not envy anyone with a daughter.
                              Try having 2 teenage daughters! One turned 18 and the other 16 last week.

Right or wrong, you did the right thing by doing what your inner "father" told you to do. Nobody knows more what these boys are up to than guys who have been there, done that.

High school football this time of year? Out here it stopped in November.
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X