A Sober Eddie is a GOOD Eddie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sober Eddie is a GOOD Eddie

I attended the rescheduled VH show in Dallas tonight. I did not know what to expect. I knew it would either be a train wreck or it would be good. To my relief, Eddie was in top shape, fresh out of rehab (I know it was never made public why the tour was cancelled, but Dave said "Edwared Van Halen!! I feel sorry for him...he has been on a food and water diet only for weeks!!").

Eddie was having a blast as was the rest of the band. They sounded great and best of all, Eddie sounded great. Clean, fluid and played all the songs and solos like they were supposed to be played, very very little improvising.

I hope Eddie keeps it together. The performance tonight was night and day from where the he was just two months ago when they pulled the plug on the tour.

BTW...this was the first VH show I have seen in 27 years.....damn I am getting old! And last night I watched UFO at the House of Blues! Tomorrow night.....RUSH ! Three rock shows in three days. Is it 1980 again?

I do wish him the very best. Its great to here he has the ability to kick ass in his musical and personal life. I hope he finds whatever it take to keep that together!

They should record some new music..soon!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We need some vids of him on form on this tour to make up for all the ones of him playing whilst wasted.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I am sure some clips will surface soon. So far only this very brief one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuv91FM1uE

Comment

Long live the King.

Comment

isn't elvis dead already?
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Way to go Ed
              I hope he keeps it up.
              I'll be seeing him next month in Manchester with my 13 year old (Jacob Edward).
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Here is a compilation from last Saturday in Las Vegas....pretty much the same in Dallas. It was a great show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqIXUOxpJ0A

Comment

WOW! Sounded great!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I think Eddie is a "rehab every 6 months" kind of guy.

that's about what it's been, well, ok, maybe every year?

and yeah the difference is amazing. he likes the cycle I think.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I caught the Dallas show as well last night and was blown away!
                      Fantastic show! Even Wolfie impressed the hell out of me.

I was curious why Ed was wearing a wedding ring though???

Comment

I don't think he's ever taken it off.
                        Not sure where I heard that... but I heard/read it at some point.
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah! Now that's Sounded great, Awesome, Hopefully he can keep it together.

Comment

A Sober Eddie is a GOOD Eddie

> I saw pics of the band playing at Tiger Jam,a fundraiser/celebration organized by the world's most dominant athlete,Tiger Woods,and Eddie looked sober. I don't imagine anything less would have been accepable to Tiger. Tommy D.
                            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

This is good news. I hope he makes it to MSG in NY. I dont think I could survive another reschedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X