Vibraphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibraphones?

Does anyone happen to know where I could get a hold of a vibraphone for around $1000? My school band is looking to get one as a gift for our band director because we are all graduating and every year the seniors get a gift for him. The only only vibraphones that we have been able to find have been well over $2000 which is out of our price range. If Matt or any of the other dealers could help us out or if any of the members can point us in the right direction it would be great. Thanks guys!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/647690052.html

Comment

My Nokia's vibrate too and cost way less...

Comment

What are you doing Haircut 100 covers (Love +1) or blister in the sun by Violent Femmes?

Those are the xylophone equivilent to Cowbell songs and CANNOT be played without the proper instruments!

I wish you luck, but what is the diff b/w a vibraphone and a xylophone..?

Wikipedia, here I come.

Edited for this info for inquiring minds:
        vibraphone n. (ca. 1926): a percussion instrument resembling the xylophone but having metal bars and motor-driven resonators for sustaining the tone and producing a vibrato
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Oh, Here's one for $1000

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/645700624.html

Maybe we can work something out? PM me.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

We use vibraphones for all sorts of pieces that we play. I played one just last weekend when we went on a trip to Washington D.C. to compete and it was such a cool thing, when we have to play the vibe parts on the marimba and xylophone it sounds much different and plus vibes are just cool as hell 442W30 I'll have a talk with everyone in the band tomorrow and let you know thanks!

Comment

Do they come with a Floyd?
              "POOP"

Comment

Well when you turn the motor on it makes it have a pulsing sound that one could probably replicate with a floyd

Comment

Working...
                X