Going to see Mark Knopfler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to see Mark Knopfler

Yay, in June Mark is playing about 30km from where I live so I've got to go see him. Already got my tickets.
    Anyone know what to expect? I love the Dire Straits and have a few of his solo CD's, but most of them are quite slow and relaxing. How does that translate to a live concert? Does he play DS songs?

expect an amazing performance... his tone and playing is so good it'll give you the goosebumps
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      his tone and playing is so good it'll give you the goosebumps
      What he uses an Uberschall too? :ROTF:

Comment

Ah, I'm going to see Mark Knopfler this summer too. I've wanted to see him live since the mid 80s.

Comment

... but I don't know what to expect either

Comment

I saw him at Redrocks a couple of years ago...it may be the best show that I've ever seen in my life. He plays for at least 2 hours and covers all of the Dire Straits hits. His touch and tone are second to none...simply amazing. He was using a pair of Komet amps on that tour and played several guitars, mostly Strats and Les Pauls. The fidelity was incredible, you could actually hear finger noise on the strings during softer passages (although I'm sure the venue had something to do with that). Enjoy the show, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Comment

I saw a show on TV (3sat - music day Dec 31, 2007) and it was like "The Sultan of Swing goes Country" ! Anyway, if you like his playing, you'll enjoy it !
              uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Working...
              X