Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegas: Any guitar stores worth seeing besides infamous Ed Roman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas: Any guitar stores worth seeing besides infamous Ed Roman?

So ... I'm in Vegas for the week. Anyone recommend a guitar store or two to check out? I see Ed Roman closed his big store and opened up a smaller one. Is the new store worth checking out?

Dave
    Dave

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
    So ... I'm in Vegas for the week. Anyone recommend a guitar store or two to check out? I see Ed Roman closed his big store and opened up a smaller one. Is the new store worth checking out?

Dave
    Just the huge Guitar Center...there is a small store "Blues" somthing, but
    they had nothing...and the huge "Worlds largest Ed Roman store is Gone
    now! I think he may have relocated somewhere in a smaller building, but
    as far as i know, only the GC is worth looking at?

Comment

there is a small guitar store up on Maryland Avenue north of Desert Inn Rd, called Cowtown Guitars. he sells mostly old vintage and newer used guitars, it's a great museum for lots of odd and interesting guitars and amps. you can spend 30 mins in there right quick.

highway robbery pricing, thus the "museum" denotation. I only go there to look.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

My mom and dad are there right now. Say hi to them for me!
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I live here in Sin City. Cowtown Guitars used to carry a bunck of old collectable and the dude never really minded if you played them. Haven't been there in years though, its next to Sam Ash on Maryland Parkway. Very small store, other than that, the huge GC on S. LV BLVD.

My new tech mentioned Red Rock Guitars on Charleston. And just incase, the new Jackson repair facility and shop doesn't have one single Jackson on the wall. But the dude is cool. He actually got Jackson to take my Soloist back and have it fix or replaced after the trolls at Romans said Fender would do a single thing for me.

Comment

If its not Ed's store, you'll be fine.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It's not Ed's store anymore. He is opening his new one. There were rumors that he is extremely sick and retiring, but...

Another yes for Cowtown. I have never been in the the shop. but when I called form Japan, they sounded like real people that actually cared about the guitars and what the customer wished for.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                If its not Ed's store, you'll be fine.
                Yeah, its Ed's store. The other one was not Ed's. He spends most of his time at his custom shop and his wife and a couple of flunkies run the little store.

Actually I spoke with the troll around xmas time. He looked 100% better than he has in years. I almost genuinely think he was trying to help me. He even called his Jackson sales rep, supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidk View Post
                  Yeah, its Ed's store. The other one was not Ed's. He spends most of his time at his custom shop
                  :ROTF:

that part just struck me funny!

Ed Roman's "custom shop"
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    :ROTF:

that part just struck me funny!

Ed Roman's "custom shop"
                    Yeah that's what I thought too. My ex guitar tech works for him at the shop now. They do build most all of it right there on site now.

From what I gather the big money was in the big store and it left so Ed down sized to this smaller store. Trust me that guy sold me a bum USA Soloist that I have been trying to get fixed for 2 years. I hate that fucker.

Comment

Oh and Dave, if you get a chance go check out Yellow Brick Road at the Boulder Station on Fri and Sat nights starting around 11:00. Get there early around 10:00. Great classic rock cover band. They pack the house. its free. You can find them on youtube under ybr band. Oh and if you get there early enough sit on the right hand side of the stage. Mark the guitar player is killer. Might meet you there if you tell me when.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm at a conference and I free up after Wed ... Cowtown sounds interesting and perhaps the big GC.

Turns out a guy I work with that is here at the conference used to work for Ed Roman back when he had a store in Connecticut. Strange small world.

Dave
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Sidk View Post
                          Oh and Dave, if you get a chance go check out Yellow Brick Road at the Boulder Station on Fri and Sat nights starting around 11:00. Get there early around 10:00.
                          Thanks for the info I'm heading back home on Fri afternoon ... so won't be able to see them.

Dave
                          Dave

Comment

I was at Ed Roman's shop just last week when I was in Vegas for a conference. Not much to speak of, though. I was rather disappointed. He had a handful of USA Jacksons, including a quicksilver KV2.

Comment

I though Ed's old store rocked! He had a good stash of everything there! Shit I'd probably never see anywhere else! I did buy my KV2 from him and am I'm still stoked with it! Though hearing about his reputation I probably woulda never bought something from him not seeing/playing it in person! On a side note his daughter was around and looking hott!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X