So fucking sack me then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So fucking sack me then

I got caught "headsetting" by a "team leader" weeks ago, may have even been longer. I wish it did mean smacking someone with my headset, because I would be so tempted to make him fucking eat it. The chav-like quote he's using actually means bouncing calls, or "call avoidance" in the letter. The CCM doesn't talk like that. My "team leader" (notice how i'm using inverted commas to illustrate just how chav-like these arseholes are, and that they can't even do their own jobs properly) obviously wrote that. Its over ONE call I tried to bounce and wound up taking it anyway.

So monday, the chav is bringing me before the CCM. I can tell the place is obviously under financial pressure, having axed overtime and brought in this ADP bollox, making disciplinaries even more attractive as a method to weasel their way out of giving people a payrise coming up to June/July. Apparently, I'm expected to "think about what I want to say", implying they're just gonna do wtf they intend to anyway. Time to visit the job centre and wade through the scum of non-job seeking scum.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Keep your chin up.
    "POOP"

Comment

Did you actually do it?

Comment

I TRIED to bounce the call they're referring to, and I wound up taking it anyway because all the other technical advisors were all busy. WHY? Because I hate speaking to pig-ignorant assholes who blind transfer customers through, can't tell me something as simple as "what the fault is", telling me how to do my job, asking me what the policy covers when they are the assholes SELLING IT. I'm sick of wiping peoples' asses especially those who get paid more just because they prolong calls with stupid irrelevant questions and sound like a bunch of rimming puffs.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          I TRIED to bounce the call they're referring to, and I wound up taking it anyway because all the other technical advisors were all busy. WHY? Because I hate speaking to pig-ignorant assholes who blind transfer customers through, can't tell me something as simple as "what the fault is", telling me how to do my job, asking me what the policy covers when they are the assholes SELLING IT. I'm sick of wiping peoples' asses especially those who get paid more just because they prolong calls with stupid irrelevant questions and sound like a bunch of rimming puffs.
          Tell us how you really feel Wilks
          Scott

Comment

Believe me I feel your pain, probably more than you could ever know. For your own sanity and your work record get out of there. I have been in phone support of one type or another since 99. Some people have no tolerance for it and I would never blame them. Others (like me) take some time but the tolerance wears down and the job starts to get to them. I am currently a lead (I know I am your hero right?) and I have some folks that are much like yourself. Some are new and have not been doing it very long and others have been here for years. Their tolerance for ass clowns has eroded to the point that they could jeopardize their position given the right circumstances. Be proactive and leave on your own terms. When you leave on your own terms you can give a reason that will not put off prospective new employers. If you leave it to them that will be a constant sore spot that could keep you from newer and greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              Tell us how you really feel Wilks
              I thought I had. I also produced an album in 2004, which was based on empire building by spineless bastards in the workplace too.

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
              Believe me I feel your pain, probably more than you could ever know. For your own sanity and your work record get out of there. I have been in phone support of one type or another since 99. Some people have no tolerance for it and I would never blame them. Others (like me) take some time but the tolerance wears down and the job starts to get to them. I am currently a lead (I know I am your hero right?) and I have some folks that are much like yourself. Some are new and have not been doing it very long and others have been here for years. Their tolerance for ass clowns has eroded to the point that they could jeopardize their position given the right circumstances. Be proactive and leave on your own terms. When you leave on your own terms you can give a reason that will not put off prospective new employers. If you leave it to them that will be a constant sore spot that could keep you from newer and greener pastures.
              Thanks for your support Jason.

Been in this job since Oct 2002, same company, same department. I've put up with a lot of shit over that 5 years+. Only in the last 6 months or so that I've been on that asshat's "team", he's never had anything positive to say to me, sending snotty emails, marking me down on any petty thing he can.

The company has obviously overspent it's budget, and its doing everything it can to win that money back by screwing people for the pettiest of excuses.

My concern is that the disciplinary is Monday and I've already worked a shitload of overtime in March that I would normally be paid end-April. If I knew these assholes were gonna pull a stunt like this, I'd have given my notice and stopped doing overtime at the end of February.

I'm out jobhunting tommorow.
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-03-2008, 02:53 PM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

You know why they call it WORK?

Cuz SHIT was already taken.

Comment

That sucks. Go to White Castle and get a sack of 10.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hi Wilkinski, I'm also a team leader in the same type of environment, if youve been in the company that long, you'll have full employee rights, they can't just sack you over one infraction, (and a reasonably minor one at that!), certainly where I work we need a iron clad case (with evidence) AND also show that we have supported an individial with any "issues" before we can consider a sacking (obviously gross misconduct would be different story)

Unless you have a paper trail in your file full of warnings and a history of fucking about (all documented) I would hope you'd get a slap on the wrists.

If not, go in pished and tell them you have a problem with the sauce!

Comment

The bonjela does that, but doesn't affect my ability to do my job.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        That sucks. Go to White Castle and get a sack of 10.

the other gray meat....
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Exactly. :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, sounds like "Office Space"... I'm glad I'm self employed.
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Join Treatment and take it out during an Arsenal match. That's the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X