Sony Vaio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Vaio

I have a notebook some dropped off for me to work on. It has a new OS and they wanted me to install the remaining drivers. I installed all the drivers including MB/chipset and I can go into the device manager and it shows everything is working properly but when I reboot the computer it loses all the drivers. Any Ideas on what I should look for?
    Just one more guitar!

Which OS?
    Scott

Comment

I would contact the customer and ask them why they did the new OS. If they were having driver problems then you probably have a hardware problem.

Matt

Comment

It has XP on it which I didnt install.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Well, with XP you have to reboot to get all of those fresh drivers actually installed, so my guess is that you don't have the correct drivers and XP doesn't install them on reboot.

Which drivers show up as missing?
          Scott

Comment

I installed the drivers from sony's website according to the model number. The drivers that I have to keep re-installing are video, audio, network devices, usb, mass storage, bluetooth, and modem. The basic stuff after a new install. This one has me stumped.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Is it forcing you to log in under a temp profile?
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Sounds like the XP install is boogered up. Tell them you need to do the XP install again.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                X