X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK PETITION for rock/goth/other guys re: hatecrimes

i think this is something worth putting ur names down on guys :

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/goth-hatecrimes/

In remembering the case of a Lancashire couple, who received a horrific beating, for the way they were dressed and, in which an innocent young woman lost her life, the Alternative & Gothic community puts forward that the definition of hate crimes should expand to protect subcultural people where the law is concerned.

Most gothic/subcultural people regularly complain of being harassed, abused, spat on or attacked for the way they look, having done or said nothing to otherwise provoke this. People who prefer ‘darker’ fashions; who sport facial piercings, alternative makeup or dyed hair regularly experience being singled out on these grounds, by the less tolerant. When this escalates to physical attack and, in this instance, death of an innocent person, it is clearly unacceptable.

According to the home office, the definitions of ‘Hate Crime’ include race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability. We feel this list should also include: “On the basis of personal appearance or subculture”.

sorry, but
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hey, Mexicans really hate Emos!

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...emo-riots.html

(Shouldn't laugh really.....)

Comment

So... much... gay.. hair!

Comment

Ah, bless you Sonic, whassamatter, got no more room for any wristbands? :ROTF:

Killing that girl was pretty rotten though, I thought she'd be some great fat lump (typical goth chick), but no, she was quite a shapely cutie. Not that it makes it any worse, of course. Those fuckwits are going to spend a looooong time being afraid to pick up the soap. Let's hope they get royally fucked in jail.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

haha lol no i'm not being emo, i think its sounds liek a pretty fair idea, this would include any subculture, it just happens to have been highlighted by goths after what happened. i mean even rockers and metalheads get flack for being different.....

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post

So... much... gay.. hair!

check out the scowl from the on in fat one in the second row!!!

secondly emos deserve to be punished :ROTF:

Comment

That's a happy bunch of campers!
                "POOP"

Comment

I signed it!
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Their life is so hard they look like their about to break into tears.Leave Brittany alone!!!
                    The hippies in the 60's had the same problems nothing to see here.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So just becuase you wear a Good Charlotte shirt and get beat up, that's a hate crime?

My friends and I use to get targeted just because we wore an Iron Maiden shirt. Fuckin' jocks loved to pummel us over the "stupid" bands that we liked. It was a rite of passage.

Well, until Metallicas Black album came out. Then all the jocks were going to the same concerts as we were. Fuckin' jocks.

Wow, just had a high school flashback there.

I don't think "hate crimes" need to include what you wear.

I'm not a fan of "hate crimes" anyway. But that's for a different thread.
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Personally, I don't see what difference it makes why someone got beaten up. There is no excuse to beat anyone up, unless of course they deserve it (child molesters, rapists, etc..).

So I guess what I'm saying, is that I agree with you Bengal.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

+1 to Bengal and Zeegs.

Let's go over the reasons to get beat up:
                          1. The other person doesn't like you.
                          2. You did something to make the other person not like you.

A "hate" crime is a silly idea. If you don't like me because I slept with your girlfriend and you beat me up, it's a crime. If you don't like me because I wear black t-shirts and you beat me up, it's a crime. If you don't like me because I'm white and you beat me up, it's a crime. Why should the last case get a harsher punishment?

If we include "subcultures" (how vague of a term is that?) in the hate crime definition, then every crime is a hate crime. I have brown hair and a blond beats me up. Is that a hate crime?
                          Scott

Comment

Kind of a narrowminded point of view.

Case in point, several weeks ago in California a teen lost his life because of his percieved Gender Identity. We was known to wear girls things from time to time and was effeminate. Another student specifically targetted this kid because of it and was quoted as saying that he would make sure it was his last day on earth ... He shot the kid in the back of the head ...

"Hate Crimes" exist and while conservative feel it grants special privledge the fact is, they have the privedge of easily fitting in and not being targetted because of how they look ...

There's a lot of cases where people have been killed for being Gay, Transgender, Jewish, or any other minority group that is considered different ...

It's a sad world we live in where your appearance can get you murdered simply because someone doesn't like you ... We need to worry more about ourselves and not what we don't like abuot others ...

Sorry about the rant but this subject is a deep one with me

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            +1 to Bengal and Zeegs.

Let's go over the reasons to get beat up:
                            1. The other person doesn't like you.
                            2. You did something to make the other person not like you.

A "hate" crime is a silly idea. If you don't like me because I slept with your girlfriend and you beat me up, it's a crime. If you don't like me because I wear black t-shirts and you beat me up, it's a crime. If you don't like me because I'm white and you beat me up, it's a crime. Why should the last case get a harsher punishment?

If we include "subcultures" (how vague of a term is that?) in the hate crime definition, then every crime is a hate crime. I have brown hair and a blond beats me up. Is that a hate crime?
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I think the word "obsession" defines what hate crime is
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X