FedEx destroyed a PRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx destroyed a PRS

I used Federal Express to ship a guitar to customer, Paid the insurance and guitar gets delivered with the headstock broken clean off! I contacted FedEx and they refuse to give us the full price on the instrument, they will only pay us for 50% of my cost, that's Bull.... I paid for the full insurance, I should get full restitution.... they suck. I took about a dozen pictures of the guitar, case and box that it shipped it in and they feel that the box doesn't show enough damage to indicate that FedEx was at fault.

Anyone else have a problem like this?
    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Was the headstock packed with bubblewrap inside the case?

Comment

Oh man, that's sickening. Sorry for the loss. Keep us posted.
      "POOP"

Comment

UPS's standard rebuttal to claims is "insufficient packaging". UPS owns the insurance company, so of course they are gonna deny you. You have to be persistant with them. In all my time here, I only know of one guy that ever got full value for a damaged guitar by UPS....and it took months of badgering.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This is worth a trip to small claims court. Good thing it wasn't a private stock. I really don't see how they legally get away with paying only 50%. That's probably their standard line hoping you will take the settlement and go away. I would fight them all the way.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

UPS is currently pulling the 50% thing with me as well...plus they lost my claim to get my brokerage fees back as well...

Comment

That's why acquiring firearms legally, is quite easier than other countries, in the US. They give you guns cause you need it.

I agree with MikeStrat, they probably expect you to settle and leave, just for the sake of not struggling. Go 'til the end. Even without the financial aspect of the thing, they destroyed a skillfully crafted guitar and that's a crime itself.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
              X