Discount Cinderella?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount Cinderella?

Yes this is another VH1 Metal Mania thread. Britney Fox has everything you would expect from Cinderella: crazy falsetto vocals, a bluesy hard-rock sound, a dark haired guitarist/singer with a Les Paul, and a bass player with Eric Brittingham hair. If they are just a cheesy copy, why do I love them so? :ROTF:

not quite sure man, get well soon. :ROTF:

Comment

I thought it was the lead guitarist who had the Brittingham hair, but yeah, they are a shitty copy of Cinderella....
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Maybe because image is about 10%? Cinderella put out 10 times Better
        songs! Brittany Fox aint a pimple on Cinderella's ASS! :ROTF:

Comment

The chicks in their girl school video were beter looking then the chicks (and guys:ROTF in all the Cinderella videos. Maybe that's way.

Comment

I FUCKING LOVE BRITNY FOX!!!

people say they were a clone of cinderella, but what do u expect from a band half of whom used to be in cinderella? given the fact it was the guitarist and bassist, i'd hazard a guess that the music would sound similar initially, , in fact i'm pretty sure shake me and the earlier cinderella rocky numbers were written in part by michael kelly smith anyway...in general tho, i always thought they soudned more rockier than cinderella, Keifer was always going bluesy, while fox stuck to their guns and stayed with the rock and i think after fox's first album the two band's styles really diverged quite a bit... bite down hard is easily one of my top 10 favourite albums. it's great. boys in heat is good too, but the lyrics on the first album are pretty laughable, inclding the gem ' San Antonio, give me a yo' :ROTF:

also what is with brtny fox atm, i heard billy childs has basically gone out on his own under the name, and al the other members are officially out, i even seen a new logo which they've changed....
            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 03-23-2008, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Britny Fox... friggin ruled
              Long way to love... is a classic riff that still stands the test of time.
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I liked Cinderella and I liked Britny Fox. Yeah they were Cinderella clones, but they still put out some good music.

Comment

I liked both bands.Bite down hard gets rotation on a monthly basis.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Bands like Britny Fox signaled the end of "metal" as a popular music form. They showed that it was all played out and about image over substance. 2 guys who washed out of Cinderella before they made it, a singer who would have failed at the Cinderella auditions, and a good drummer.

Bands like Britny Fox made people go for grunge in droves when it appeared. It was all down to makeup and hairspray by then. Of course if you were young and got laid to this music for the first time, you're gonna like it. That's why kids today like (or liked) Britney Spears, even though she sucks too.

Bands like Britney Fox are like the tofu of rock. If you make it right it can have a meatlike texture, but it's not really meat. It's bean curd, man!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
                      Long way to love... is a classic riff that still stands the test of time.
                      Man he had a great guitar tone on that one.

Comment

Britney fox sucked balls then, and still does. "Save the weak"????? bwahahahahaaa. One of the worst fucking songs EVER. Theres a reason theyre in the "where are they now file".

Although, i think one of their albums actually did go gold.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Errr...wasn't Cinderella just a bad Aerosmith cover band in the first place though? :ROTF:

Can't comment on Britney Fox...
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Don't you guys ever listen to metal?
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                              Britney fox sucked balls then, and still does. "Save the weak"????? bwahahahahaaa. One of the worst fucking songs EVER. Theres a reason theyre in the "where are they now file".

Although, i think one of their albums actually did go gold.
                              At least in that song they were honest about themselves and asked to be saved! :ROTF:

And yeah, they had a gold album, probably because of the "Girlschool" video. A prime example of the idea that if you fill your video with hot chicks, nobody will even notice that you suck!

Of course another "Britney" went on to exploit that idea.... wonder where she got the idea to wear a schoolgirl outfit?
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X